Deer destroying roses

/ Deer destroying roses
Pie plates hanging in front of a million dollar home I don't think so.............:laughing:

Stop bragging about your house. :laughing::laughing:

/ Deer destroying roses #22  
Been out here in the sticks 39 years now.

I have never found a way that is 100% on preventing deer damage.

I have...............

enhance

/ Deer destroying roses #23  
We use blood meal scattered at the base of plants, that are outside of the electric fence, to keep deer from them. Works well for us.

And come on, who doesn’t remember that first electric fence contact as a child. Do you really want to deprive them of that.

/ Deer destroying roses #24  
I use a homemade deer repellent made with eggs, garlic and pepper sauce. It works well for me and is somewhat rain proof if allowed to dry on the plants. Smells alittle when first applied but soon becomes odorless to humans but not to deer.
Applied to my wife's rose bushes this spring and the pests haven't been back since.
We have started to have a rabbit problem this year, no outdoor cat to thin them down. I have been sniping them when I see one, the cat let's me know if he sees one out the window as well. I am hoping that the long tailed weasel he spotted last week will start to thin them out as well.

/ Deer destroying roses #25  
I use yellow caution tape, cheap, and reusable. 2 or 3 strands around the garden keeps the deer out. the slightest wisp of a breeze creates a lot of movement. The deer could go over it or through it, but they don't. Yes, it looks like a crime scene, but it's a crime when they steal my vegetables.
Bill

/ Deer destroying roses #26  
I use a german shepherd.

/ Deer destroying roses #27  
I use a german shepherd.

NICE ....:thumbsup: But HAY DUDE is very scared of German Shepherd dogs.............:laughing:

/ Deer destroying roses #28  
LOL, a very experienced grower told me to drink lots of beer and not use the loo.
Said I should simply 'spray' around the flower bed vs using the indoor facility.
So I added a case of 24 to my better half's gardening budget.
So far it seems to work! But perhaps it might be to my frequent garden walks to relieve myself as they might be spooking the deer.
Weak bladder, LOL!

/ Deer destroying roses #29  
On the serious side.
Deer are very curious and sounds attract them.*
When we had lots of wind chimes they destroyed all out plantings.
Well winters and time de activated the chimes and deer abandoned us but went to the neighbor that added more chimes.
OK, not scientific but my Hostas were happy.

* in my area hunting is banned within X 00 ft of any lumbering operation, so must be factual.

/ Deer destroying roses
NICE ....:thumbsup: But HAY DUDE is very scared of German Shepherd dogs.............:laughing:

Hah, funny. See how you feel after youre almost killed by one when youre 10 years old.