Deer destroying roses

/ Deer destroying roses
LOL, a very experienced grower told me to drink lots of beer and not use the loo.
Said I should simply 'spray' around the flower bed vs using the indoor facility.
So I added a case of 24 to my better half's gardening budget.
So far it seems to work! But perhaps it might be to my frequent garden walks to relieve myself as they might be spooking the deer.
Weak bladder, LOL!

Bahahahahahahaha :laughing: I wouldn’t want to be the poor bloke pulling the weeds!!! :ashamed::laughing:

Last edited:
   / Deer destroying roses #32  
Hah, funny. See how you feel after youre almost killed by one when youre 10 years old.

I have had GS dogs all my life........

/ Deer destroying roses
I have had GS dogs all my life........

So what? :confused3:
When one attacks a 10 year old kid, its a blood bath. I still bear the scars of my attack, physical and mental.

/ Deer destroying roses #34  
So what? :confused3:
When one attacks a 10 year old kid, its a blood bath. I still bear the scars of my attack, physical and mental.

I know what you mean. When I was very young a horse hurt me by kicking me out of the barn. Still apprehensive around them and in my opinion their only purpose is glue and dog food.

/ Deer destroying roses #35  
I got bit by a GS when I was around 7, can understand the scars.
I used some used age coffee grounds around roses and other plants that the deer like this year.
First year some of the plants have been able to fully flower. We have at least one Doe living on my property so this is pretty amazing.

/ Deer destroying roses #36  
My wife gave up on roses. We have lots of deer, we don't have roses any more. Problem solved. The deer won. We now have other spikey plants that deer don't eat.

/ Deer destroying roses #37  
I cannot use an electric fence due to small children coming in contact and the random nature (walkways, etc) cutting through planting beds.
Do the high pitch noise deterrents work?
We are using the odor sprays, but they need frequent application and don稚 always seem to work.
We are losing all our rosebuds to deer. Hunting, shooting not viable options, either.

We've had good luck with this product.

deer_stopper.jpg

/ Deer destroying roses
My wife gave up on roses. We have lots of deer, we don't have roses any more. Problem solved. The deer won. We now have other spikey plants that deer don't eat.

We have beds of purple coneflower and the deer won’t touch them.