Small tractor advice

/ Small tractor advice
I guess I'm missing something. Why would you need a bucket to unload a dump bed? Isn't the purpose of a dump bed to be able to unload it by dumping?

Load it with your big bucket, use the ATV to move it where you want it, raise the bed and dump as you go to spread. Then use a pull behind rake on the ATV to further spread and level.

If you don’t care about spilling the material you are loading that would work fine. I want to scoop the material from my big dump trailer and take it directly to where it goes. The big trailer will be parked in an area that has crushed asphalt on the ground. I won’t be loading from a big pile where I don’t care about spillage.

I have a big dumpster that is five feet wide. Many times I have tried to clean up debris from various projects with my skid steer and dump it in the dumpster. It is amazing how much ends up on the ground due to the bucket being 2’ wider than the dumpster.

/ Small tractor advice #22  
25 hp tractor on 2 series frame any brand will fit your needs. You will have to review bucket to pin lift capability it is slightly different between brands. If you go to big you do lose maneuverability and will need heavy weight trailer to move unit. I have both 2 series and 3 series in LS . There is a big difference getting in tight spaces and visibility on frame sizes. Many people have the 1 series and believe it痴 great , they don稚 take in mind ground clearance and weight that comes with the 2 and 3 series tractors. Find a trustworthy dealer buy their brand offered you need service if you not going service yourself. Have fun test driving tractors that appeal to you, soon one will be yours.

/ Small tractor advice #23  
We have an 18' steel deck car hauler trailer with removable sideboards ( 2x12's in the stake pockets ). I use that to haul purchased mulch, crushed stone, or to get black dirt from our remote property. When I come home, I just drive the little PT425 right up the ramps and scoop the material up and off I go. Leaves very little mess.

The car hauler trailer is low enough that I can load it from the sides with the PT. That's one thing that should also be mentioned about the smaller PTs is that they don't lift high enough to load modern pickups from the side, unless you'd use a 4-in-1 bucket and dump it out the bottom. The larger PTs wouldn't have a problem. With that being said, I never load a pickup from the side at my house. I'm always bringing things home, but never hauling loose material away, so it's not a problem for me. I don't own a pickup (at least a driveable one) anymore. We haul the car trailer with a Suburban. Works for us.

/ Small tractor advice #24  
Machine weighs about 1500# with me on it.

Lift capacity for me with bucket on is somewhere between 840#

654553d1588998838-2001-pt425-19-years-later-b3416cfc-ad93-4755-b603-5ea33b0e6c0f

and 900#

654554d1588998875-2001-pt425-19-years-later-47f48333-99c9-435f-bc3f-a3edd8151e2c

/ Small tractor advice #26  
Anyhow, any small machine will be better than a wheelbarrow. Good luck in your search. :thumbsup:

/ Small tractor advice #27  
What is this "wheelbarrow" that people keep referring to? I gave mine to someone who needed it, after buying my first "Bota with a Loda"... that was almost 20 years ago and I haven't missed it yet.

The OP just needs something small to complement his existing fleet, so his options are nearly unlimited. It would be interesting to watch if he does decide on a PowerTrac, currently there's only 1 posting member who actually owns one.

/ Small tractor advice #28  
I hate to say it, but a Power Trac PT 425 sounds like the cats meow for your needs. Some people think they are better than any CUT ever made (agree to disagree here), but it would be superbly well suited for the tasks you describe.

/ Small tractor advice #29  
What is this "wheelbarrow" that people keep referring to? I gave mine to someone who needed it, after buying my first "Bota with a Loda"... that was almost 20 years ago and I haven't missed it yet.

The OP just needs something small to complement his existing fleet, so his options are nearly unlimited. It would be interesting to watch if he does decide on a PowerTrac, currently there's only 1 posting member who actually owns one.

There's many more of us over in the PowerTrac forum. ;)

/ Small tractor advice
The power tracs are not cheap. Actually cost more than I could get a tractor for. The price really jumps if you go to a diesel one. I am really partial to diesel as everything we have is diesel and we have a bulk tank here. Still researching. They are neat though.