Small tractor advice

/ Small tractor advice #31  
I'd still think long and hard about a PT purchase before committing VS a standard CUT. You have to know what you're getting into. You're the mechanic. Resale value VS tractor. Proprietary implements, but you can easily adapt anything to it. Just be certain it's a good decision for you VS anything else.

With that said, drive as many small machines as you can. Some are uncomfortable, some are fantastic. Some have strange control locations, etc... make sure it fits you well if you're gonna be on it all day. Operator comfort is a big plus in my book.

/ Small tractor advice #32  
The power tracs are not cheap. Actually cost more than I could get a tractor for. The price really jumps if you go to a diesel one. I am really partial to diesel as everything we have is diesel and we have a bulk tank here. Still researching. They are neat though.

Yes. They used to be very inexpensive VS a tractor. In the last few years, the prices have risen. I'm guessing it hasn't hurt their sales.

/ Small tractor advice #33  
I have an Ls XR4150 tractor for farm use. But around the house, my wife will not let me take it. She calls my son on his 26hp. No water in the tires and no weights. Almost everything he does is with the bucket and the pallet forks. Unless it is wet, keep it out of 4WD (may need 4WD if FEL is full). For what you want the turf tires. HST drive. You can open the back of the dump trailer, get a load of sand with the bucket and shake it out on the yard. It will not be for pulling. But can pull a 60" finishing mower. Drive all that you can. You will find that some of the seats and controls just fit and fill better to you. One of the best reasons that I liked my LS was the feel of the controls to me. With HST drive, you will have more control of the speed of the tractor.

/ Small tractor advice
F686C470-9D33-4146-B89D-D0BD197CE4C0.jpeg

Pulled the trigger on a BX23S today. I used to have a mini excavator but sold it because I couldn稚 justify a 50k machine sitting around getting used so infrequently but I miss having a backhoe around and have had to rent one a time or two for various projects. The cost differential to get one on the BX was a no brainer in my eyes to have something to dig with for those random projects. I likely wouldn稚 use it to bury 900 of gas line 4 deep like we did earlier this year but I can see it being extremely handy.

It has R4痴 which I would have preferred turf tires but they didn稚 have any in stock. My dealer said try it out and if I still want turfs he will swap them at no charge and can have them in a week.

I was really contemplating the power trac but I have this machine now and can start my projects in the morning and take advantage of my time off work.

/ Small tractor advice #36  
OP, I purchased that same model last year and have put about 100 hrs on it in less than a year. I am EXTREMELY pleased with it and from what you're needing it for, I think you will be happy as well. I use it probably 90% of the time on the "lawn," but it also is used in the woods and to maintain my 22 acres. I will never be without a backhoe. It takes a little longer to dig out a stump but it hasn't failed yet. The only time I put ruts in the yard was when I did some work knowing it was too wet. But I NEEDED SOME SEAT TIME!!! My fault, not the machine! The loader has it's limitations, like any machine, but you sound like an experienced operator so will know when you're pushing it too hard. Congrats. Hope you are as happy with it as I am with mine. Take care.

/ Small tractor advice
I put about three hours on it today. I like it. Takes a while to get used to doing things at a slower pace as I am used to my skid steer which can lift 4,000 lbs but this BX is nimble and gets lots of places.

The R4’s didn’t tear up the grass but are there wider tires available? The small footprint sinks into the lawn. It never broke through the grass as it wasn’t muddy but impressions are definitely there.

I picked up two yards of river rock and used the BX to carry it into the backyard to put around some plants. It worked well and could lift a full bucket of rock.

4FED0BC4-6695-4231-AC72-41B247EC6D1A.jpeg

The backhoe came in handy to drag the rock to the back of the trailer so the loader could reach it.

A2C4A5A7-E759-47C8-AC10-6F75EE3A7A35.jpeg

Treading lightly on the grass.

465F68F0-8002-4F5E-A8D6-60790B9D9C34.jpeg

Once I was done with the rock I went and picked up two yards of sand to level out the lawn. It wasn?t bad to begin with but I mow it at 1/2? with a reel mower and want it smooth. The BX carried full buckets of sand with ease and I raked it in.

60DD2DA7-103E-4134-B14A-966BD53E5B17.jpeg

Once the sand dried out I was able to really work it in and get a smooth surface. Notice the tractor tracks.

6A133FEF-2CB9-4FAE-9B41-F68BA20F4C9D.jpeg

Tomorrow I have to do the other half of the yard. It is larger probably need at least three yards of sand.

/ Small tractor advice #39  
Looks great bdog. It was 103 with heat index today at my place (Missouri). That pool cooled me off just looking at it. Congrats again and thanks for sharing the pics with us.

/ Small tractor advice
Thanks guys. Only 93 here today and it was so nice. Last couple weeks we had multiple days over 110. The water temp in the pool got up to 98 and it wasn’t even comfortable.