Engine Not Starting

/ Engine Not Starting #1  

GregJ

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2301/LA435FEL/BH70 ; John Deere X350
I have a 2002 B7500 and yesterday after working (starting / stopping) for a couple of hours it would not start. It's acting like a safety interlock issue. About a year ago I had to replace the hydrostat safety interlock so I am familiar with these. I have metered all 3 interlocks (hydrostat, clutch and pto) and they are functioning fine.... So... Where to look next? Any suggestions.... Thanks in advance.

Greg

/ Engine Not Starting
Thanks Paul. There is not a safety interlock on the seat on the B7500. But the plot thickens..... I just walked out to it and gave it a try and it started right up..... My guess now is a loose connection or damaged wire beyond the interlock switch. Gotta love intermittent problems....

/ Engine Not Starting #4  
Maybe battery post or ground.

/ Engine Not Starting #5  
Just to be clear, do you mean the engine will not turn over when trying to crank it, or it does crank over, but will not start ?
I,m assuming you mean it will not even turn over. How about putting direct battery to the starter ? Will it start then ?

/ Engine Not Starting
Update:
I found a solution to the problem.... I just traded it in on a new B2301/LA435/BH70 package..... I figure 2020 is a perfect year to be financially irresponsible.... :)

/ Engine Not Starting #8  
Just to be clear, do you mean the engine will not turn over when trying to crank it, or it does crank over, but will not start ?
I,m assuming you mean it will not even turn over. How about putting direct battery to the starter ? Will it start then ?

Good point. And be really clear. Sometimes people here say it won’t crank, but they mean it will crank, but it won’t start. (It might be a southern thing).

/ Engine Not Starting #9  
Update:
I found a solution to the problem.... I just traded it in on a new B2301/LA435/BH70 package..... I figure 2020 is a perfect year to be financially irresponsible.... :)

Wow!

Three days from no start to new tractor. I am impressed!

/ Engine Not Starting