L6060 Cab Questions

/ L6060 Cab Questions #1  

bdhsfz6

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800 HST & L6060 HSTC Formerly L6060 HST B7100 HST, L2550, L3010 HST, L3430 HST
I'm in the process of trading my 2018 L6060 open station tractor for an L6060 with cab. I'm not getting any younger and the hours of plowing & cindering my 1.25 mile private road in single digit temps is really grating on me. To ease my aching bones, lately, I've been opting to use my pickup with plow for some of the winter road maintenance but it's taking a toll on the truck. It's also awkward to maneuver and I can't pile up the snow banks like I can with the snow blade on the tractor.

Although this will be my 7th Kubota tractor since 1980, it is the first one with a cab. Sorry if my questions sound like those of a noob but I have no experience operating a cabbed tractor. When asked, the standard answer from the salesman is "no problem". I'd much rather hear from those with practical experience.

1 - It's difficult to judge while sitting in the L6060 cab on the showroom floor but it appears there could be visibility issues when operating the FEL at full height. I'm 6' - 3" and wondering if this is this going to be a problem. Am I going to have to unbuckle the seat belt and lean forward to see what I'm doing?

2 - Is the radio option worth getting? It seems to me it would be difficult to hear unless the cab is very quiet inside.

3 - I've heard complaints about the interior glass of the cab fogging up. Are the side and rear window defogger options necessary and how well do they work?

4 - Heat and A/C are standard cab equipment on the L6060. Is the heater adequate in near zero temps or am I going to have to continue wearing my Carharts? I mow 7 acres in 90 degree Summer temps. With all the glass, does the A/C provide significant relief from that much heat? Does the compressor cause a noticeable loss of engine power?

5 - Is rear visibility a problem when using a 3 pt snowthrower? Are the rear window defroster and rear wiper options helpful?

6 - Is the rear work light option worth getting or am I better off with brighter aftermarket units? It's been my experience in the past that Kubota lighting is often woefully inadequate.

7 - The brochure says the cab model comes with a "Deluxe Swivel Seat with Suspension". Does anyone know if this is an air suspension seat? The OEM suspension seat on my open station L6060 was a piece of crap. I had to replace it with a Grammer air ride which quickly paid for itself in reduced visits to the chiropractor.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to offer and again, I'm sorry if these questions seem elementary.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #2  
I'm in the process of trading my 2018 L6060 open station tractor for an L6060 with cab. I'm not getting any younger and the hours of plowing & cindering my 1.25 mile private road in single digit temps is really grating on me. To ease my aching bones, lately, I've been opting to use my pickup with plow for some of the winter road maintenance but it's taking a toll on the truck. It's also awkward to maneuver and I can't pile up the snow banks like I can with the snow blade on the tractor.

Although this will be my 7th Kubota tractor since 1980, it is the first one with a cab. Sorry if my questions sound like those of a noob but I have no experience operating a cabbed tractor. When asked, the standard answer from the salesman is "no problem". I'd much rather hear from those with practical experience.

1 - It's difficult to judge while sitting in the L6060 cab on the showroom floor but it appears there could be visibility issues when operating the FEL at full height. I'm 6' - 3" and wondering if this is this going to be a problem. Am I going to have to unbuckle the seat belt and lean forward to see what I'm doing?

2 - Is the radio option worth getting? It seems to me it would be difficult to hear unless the cab is very quiet inside.

3 - I've heard complaints about the interior glass of the cab fogging up. Are the side and rear window defogger options necessary and how well do they work?

4 - Heat and A/C are standard cab equipment on the L6060. Is the heater adequate in near zero temps or am I going to have to continue wearing my Carharts? I mow 7 acres in 90 degree Summer temps. With all the glass, does the A/C provide significant relief from that much heat? Does the compressor cause a noticeable loss of engine power?

5 - Is rear visibility a problem when using a 3 pt snowthrower? Are the rear window defroster and rear wiper options helpful?

6 - Is the rear work light option worth getting or am I better off with brighter aftermarket units? It's been my experience in the past that Kubota lighting is often woefully inadequate.

7 - The brochure says the cab model comes with a "Deluxe Swivel Seat with Suspension". Does anyone know if this is an air suspension seat? The OEM suspension seat on my open station L6060 was a piece of crap. I had to replace it with a Grammer air ride which quickly paid for itself in reduced visits to the chiropractor.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may be able to offer and again, I'm sorry if these questions seem elementary.

I have had an L6060 with a cab since late 2016.

1-With the loader at full height the roof of the cab will be a bit of an obstruction, I have never used the seat belt so moving so I can see isn't a problem.

2-I bought mine without the radio, I bought an automotive radio at a local big box store, got the wiring adapter from my friendly dealer, it works great.

3-I use mine in the winter with a snow blower, the glass will fog if I don't switch on the A/C, once I do that, no fog.

4-When I use the tractor in the winter, I remove my coat and operate in shirt sleeves, summertime the A/C will freeze me out if I so choose. I have never noticed a loss of power with the A/C compressor on.

5-I opted for the rear wiper, a good choice when using a snowblower. I don't have the electric window defogger option.

6-I ordered mine with cab work lights front and rear to get the brackets and switches, removed them, threw them away and replaced with LED lights.

7-I have the standard seat and I like it, works great for me.

I used mine yesterday blowing snow for about two hours, beats the **** out of the L2900, no cab tractor!

/ L6060 Cab Questions #3  
I have had my L4240 HSTC for ten years and use year round;heater and air work fine,open a window in winter if it fogs up.Have no use for a radio myself but after market is probably a better choice;I replaced my front Halogens with LED's and moved the Halogens to the rear.My seat doesn't swivel but is decent other-wise.

/ L6060 Cab Questions
I have had an L6060 with a cab since late 2016.

1-With the loader at full height the roof of the cab will be a bit of an obstruction, I have never used the seat belt so moving so I can see isn't a problem.

2-I bought mine without the radio, I bought an automotive radio at a local big box store, got the wiring adapter from my friendly dealer, it works great.

3-I use mine in the winter with a snow blower, the glass will fog if I don't switch on the A/C, once I do that, no fog.

4-When I use the tractor in the winter, I remove my coat and operate in shirt sleeves, summertime the A/C will freeze me out if I so choose. I have never noticed a loss of power with the A/C compressor on.

5-I opted for the rear wiper, a good choice when using a snowblower. I don't have the electric window defogger option.

6-I ordered mine with cab work lights front and rear to get the brackets and switches, removed them, threw them away and replaced with LED lights.

7-I have the standard seat and I like it, works great for me.

I used mine yesterday blowing snow for about two hours, beats the **** out of the L2900, no cab tractor!

Thanks for this great information!

/ L6060 Cab Questions #5  

I have a 2019 L6060 cab with 350 hrs on it. I live in Canada and the L6060 cabs up here come with front and rear work lights, defrosters, rear wiper and dual rear remotes as standard equipment. Here is my experience so far.

1. I also don't use a seat belt and don't have a problem seeing the loader at full height, that I recall but I don't lift things that high very often.

2. Mine came with a radio and I don't use it for a few reasons; 1) I prefer to listen to the tractor to see if I am working it too hard (mainly when using the snowblower), 2) we don't get radio stations where I live, and 3) it can be fairly loud in the cab depending on what work you are doing. You could always use a phone or other music player and ear buds if you really want to listen to music.

3. Mine came with the defrosters and a rear wiper. I use them often in the winter and they work very well.

4. Our temps range from +40C to -35C and I find the heater works great and usually end up wearing a T shirt in the winter. The AC works well too but not as good as the heater. Still plenty good enough that I have never thought it was inadequate. No noticeable power loss either.

5. I used to use a rear facing snow blower and found the rear visibility to be fine with the wiper and defrosters. I wouldn't want to do that operation without the defrosters though. I now have a rear inverted snow blower and the rear visibility is not a concern. I just drive forward and look forward. Waaaaaay better.

6. Mine came with the front and rear work lights. They are not very bright and I have thought about upgrading to LED's but I do do very little work in the dark and that is usually in the snow, so the lights are adequate in those conditions. I would image they would be inadequate working with a darker work environment.

7. I took a demo home and tried it for a day. I found the standard seat would not adjust very well and in the summer it would cause me to sweat. I opted for the air ride seat but it was expensive and not what I was expecting. I'm still glad I got the air ride seat but I preferred the non air ride Grammer seat that was in My Massey. One thing to note, if you get the air ride seat you can no longer use the PTO remotely, unless you put a heavy weight on the seat or bypass the safety switch. I bypassed the safety switch.

By the way, I've been running open station tractors before getting this one and I can tell you, getting a cab was one of the best moves I've made. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
Picture yourself in the cab, blowing snow, wearing a T shirt in -25C weather.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #6  
Will the dealer swap your current seat?

/ L6060 Cab Questions
I have had my L4240 HSTC for ten years and use year round;heater and air work fine,open a window in winter if it fogs up.Have no use for a radio myself but after market is probably a better choice;I replaced my front Halogens with LED's and moved the Halogens to the rear.My seat doesn't swivel but is decent other-wise.

Thanks for your input!

/ L6060 Cab Questions
Will the dealer swap your current seat?

That's a question I'll ask. Another option is, I have the original OEM seat from the open station L6060 which was replaced with the Grammar air ride. I could put it back on and put the Grammar on the new cab model myself if the dealer won't swap it. That way, I can try out the OEM seat in the new cabbed L6060 first. If it's acceptable, I'll sell the Grammar or put it on my MX5800.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #9  
Concerning you're questions on some of the cab options.

If uncertain they are needed and trying to reduce total spend, many of the options are available through wholegoods and are sold at the same price as the price increase for the options when configuring a new tractor. Of course you would need to install them, but it is an option. Items such as wipers, side defogger windows are easy install, while others you many not want to tackle (mid PTO: Draining hydraulic fluid, dealing with linkages and safety switches).

While I only have a GL-40, I found I don't use the radio, added my own LED cab lights (2 forward, 2 back and 2 for side illumination), added side defogger glass after experiencing fogging while snowblowing, rear wiper comes in handy.

/ L6060 Cab Questions #10  
I'm in the process of trading my 2018 L6060 open station tractor for an L6060 with cab...

I have an L4060 cab since 2017. Love it.
1. I never noticed any visibility problems in general (6'0"), but I guess knocking snow off of high tree branches I would need to learn forward, but I've only done that a few times.

2. IMHO it's worth getting a radio, but not the oem radio. I paid big $ for the Kubota radio, and I really miss the Bluetooth and USB. Kubota's radio is fine quality wise, just lacking features for what I paid for it ($700?). I believe the tractor comes prewired with speakers regardless.

3. I have a rear wiper and defogger and don't have fogging issues. Running the heat in AC mode clears the glass nicely. The rear defoggers help while snow blowing. Quarter glass windows can also have defoggers, but I didn't add that option. The defoggers eat up amps, so you may want to upgrade to the 90a alternator if you get the defoggers - I didn't, but switched all lighting to led except the head lights and corner lights.

4. The heat and AC are more than adequate. I plow in a T shirt, and generally have to turn the heat down. I also turn the AC down in the summer, mostly because I hate getting out into a much hotter environment.

5. The rear wiper helps, but it's a little on the small side. Defogger is a big plus for blowing. Overall, rear visibility is great.

6. The first change I made to mine was 54w led worklights front and rear. Night into day. I ordered the OEM lights for the brackets and switches... The wiring will already be there.

7. I have the standard seat that swivels slightly. It is not air ride, but I am comfortable in it. I occasionally swivel the seat when backing a mower over my stream 7' at a time for 300 yards or so. I rarely swivel when plowing, but if I were doing a long run with the rear blade or blower I would use it. The air ride is an expensive option, but likely worth it if you are not happy with the standard seat on your open station tractor. The only disadvantage is that I believe you loose the unattended PTO operation with the air ride seat. I would look into that if you plan on unattended PTO use. You may have to fab something up.