Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,331  
2022-03-16, 0514

33° right now...high in the mid-50's. By Saturday, most of the snow still on the lawn should be gone, I'd say.

Number of meetings today (webinars, in my case), so that will take care of my day.

This is the last day the whole gang will be here...one stepdaughter (and grand daughter) will be leaving tomorrow.
Even though I haven't been involved in most of their activities, I'm glad they came. It's the first time they've all been together in, at least, 8 years

/ Good morning!!!! #147,332  
Good morning, low 30 high 45°F. Wind SW 14 mph. Mainly cloudy.
It is about time we got some decent weather. Below freezing overnight and above freezing in the day time makes for good sap weather.

I still have 2 gallons of syrup to use up and I am getting another gallon this year. Can't have too much REAL maple syrup.
When I go Northwest I will take a quart with me, the restaurant I use in Thunder Bay allows me to bring my own syrup in, as they only have brown sugar and water with a hint of maple, just keep it off the table. Out of sight, out of mind.
I found out last night that a lot of the syrup that gets into New Hampshire is made in Quebec.

Today will be a conserve energy day, unless I decide to pull the roof off the Kioti and see why my blower fan only works on low.

As for cars I have owned, Morris Oxford, and the rest Ford, Dodge, Plymouth, Packard and Chev.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #147,333  
good morning all
another nice sunny day, going up to almost 70 and then the rains come in tonight and tomorrow.
Unfortunately my trip to friends in DE tomorrow will be a wet one.

Will spend the afternoon at dealership buying car, and spending some time with sales person learning all the tech gizmos.
I was unable to get voice recognition working on the nav system. Sales person said she didn't have much luck either.

Bill, real maple syrup is the best, can't imagine using the fake stuff any more. It's expensive but you don't use that much; I was never one to float
my pancakes in syrup.

hope you all have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #147,334  
Randy. Is Tank water same as we call Catchment? We collect rain from the roof into storage tanks. We have 4 tanks, 4k gallons each.
In Texas we call them cisterns. My uncle lived in Cistern Texas. He found out the hard way why they called the town Cistern. He had a well dug and his water was so stinky of sulphur he could not drink it. He moved.

Good morning! 40˚F heading to the 80s. Busy day today. This morning is the InstantPot cooking demonstrations at the WFPB meeting. There will be 4 tables going, my wife will make her chocolate cake. This afternoon will be my first Park Cedarcide brush clearing at the county park since my knee surgery.

Yesterday got mom's car cleaned and took pics and uploaded them and documents to Carvana. They say they will contact me in 24-48 hours. If (and that is a big IF - these are just internet used car salesmen) all goes well she should be able to recover all but 3K from the price she paid new for her 2014 Toyota. At first I put 237,000 miles instead of 23,700 and they were still going to give her $3,000 for the car.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #147,335  
Don good time to sell bad time to buy

Did not look at weather

prayers for all

Prayers for Ukraine

Prayers for USA

/ Good morning!!!! #147,336  
I noticed six new Kubota tractors at local dealer. They never stock any M's or higher, just smaller tractors for local hobby farms.
Nice to see something on their lot.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,337  
I noticed six new Kubota tractors at local dealer. They never stock any M's or higher, just smaller tractors for local hobby farms.
Nice to see something on their lot.
My dealer called and my Implements have finally showed up can't wait for delivery. (5 months later)

/ Good morning!!!! #147,338  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 5:15AM. Sunny. High 72F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
The 10-day is still calling for rain on Saturday, then heading into the 80s F for most of next week.😳

Sounds like good progress on the Miller, Kyle. I've done my share of lapping with the old suction cup tool, with the end turned down so it would fit in an electric drill.

Got taxes done yesterday, and as usual, I owe less to Kalifornia than I'm getting back from the Feds. Always seems to be some last minute paperwork arriving by mail, so I'll wait 'till next month to file. While gathering info from my bank account, I saw a deposit from the Fire Victim Trust was pending. That was fast, having just agreed to the settlement Monday.

In light of record Kalifornia budget surpluses, legislators proposed a gas tax roll back for the next six months that would save us fifty-one cents a gallon at the pump. Yesterday the measure was voted down, strictly along party lines.

It's supposed to be calm this morning, so I'll get the sprayer fired up and go after some weeds. Then maybe swap out a tire on the touring bike. Not sure what else, but there's plenty to choose from.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,339  
Morning all, 45 going up to....70, a bit warm for our March. Sun is out.
Leaner removal did not go as planned. Trunk snapped when pulled with rope.
So trunk is about 10' shorter 🙃 so will wait until I have time to now pull the rest over. Just no good anchor in the direction I need, as those trees are already down....

Buppies - glad date is set and it will go well, or the Dr. will have to answer to all of us at TBN!
BEF - a 2 helicopter response to a crash can't be good :-(

Ingniter for heater came in last night, now just need time to install and put everything back together and hope it works. Tested everything I can, so if igniter does not fix, then gas valve...igniter is cheaper

Stay safe and be well,

When I first moved here, the area in the background was filled in thick with ash trees and you could not see through in winter. Only one more Ash to come out on my side, and then done for a while. But need to replant.
Some of the trees straight back are my neighbors, some of them will also be down soon ...
tractorNoAsh20220315_181055.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #147,340  
RNG: anytime I see votes "strictly on party lines" I know our current system is doomed.
We need folks who think independently. Regardless of their position. I figured California would be leading the pack
in enlightened thinking.

Ken, please be careful not to have anything fall on you...no widowmakers.
And of course protect that nice Massey... ;)