Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,321  
Morning all!
A balmy 17C overnight with a wee bit of wind. 0.8mm of rain and calling for a high of 21C with scattered showers. 20C right now.

Well, it's Wednesday which means 'into town' for mail & groceries.

Have a good one.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,322  
Doctor called surgery on March 25 early in morning more invasive than others I’m told but not a lot of meat there

Never owned a Volvo British, German, American, Japanese have been in our stable

My imports were nothing but the best, two Renaults and an old Celica.
Actually, my KIA Borrego EX V8 was a terrific vehicle, had the Genesis engine.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,323  
I love learning about other countries and traditions. I live about 100 miles from my birthplace. Thanks for reminding me not to get a Volvo just yet. :)

Keep it up, let them know there will be pebbles in their walking shoes when they raise taxes.

So sorry you broke another rib. Prayers you can keep from straining them.

You say that now, but if their monthly cycles synchronize....plan on some sleeping on the roof.... :)

RNG, you're braver than me... I love the straight Shiner Bock the most.

hope Ron is alright. Anyone hear from him?

Buppies, more prayers. Hope it is as little invasive as possible.

Spring weeds are growing. I saw a post about gardening on FB. It promoted growing your own vegetables. It said for asparagus, you need 5 to 10 plants per person. I know it grows slow. We don't have it wild down here. I bought some seeds, and will try to put about 25 plants in the garden, but I really don't plan to weed around them other than some weed eating action. I will mow them down in winter, fertilize and see what happens. Any other tips?

Don, can't find celebrity tomato seeds yet....will try Ace Hardware. Soil temp is up to 70F today in the sun. I know it could freeze, but a pack of seeds is only about $2. The Bonney plants they sell, cost from $5- $9 for the 10-12" tall plants with some flowers already developing.

Kohler K 301 sitrep: It is totally disassembled. I took the block and valves to a cousin of Don's east southeast of me, and asked his recommendations. I was worried about the valve' faces and seats. He said to let him just grind the exhaust valve, and for me to lap both of them in with some clover compound. I gave him a generous tip (because he's always got me in and out in quick time). Need to find my suction cup lapping tool... I will still have to machine an adapter plate at work. The engine's cylinder bore is at max usable, and the piston is at min usable, so I need to decide if I want a new piston or not...Definitely need rings and some gaskets. The issue is the motor will only fit in a Miller roughneck welder, and if the welder section is no good, I'll be out whatever I've spent... I'm guessing the block and such has some value. It's the crank that is Miller only.

Stopped by John Deere and got the seal kits needed to rebuild the lift cylinder's on the 541 FEL. Have 1 apart. Need to get some O-rings too, to put it back together.

I remember as a young man, lapping valves in by putting lapping compound on the seats, put the valve in the guide and use a drill to spin it. LOL

/ Good morning!!!! #147,324  
Found this today;

“In my never ending quest to keep China out of my kitchen I have become a label reader. You need to know about this really good ketchup called Red Gold. It is a family owned business that began in 1942 to help feed the soldiers. For every bottle purchased Red Gold donates to Folds of Honor to educate and support the families of our fallen heroes. Family owned, family farmed, gluten free, no preservatives, no artificial colors and this ketchup is really good. Red Gold. American owned, grown and made.”
IMG_0087.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #147,325  
I like Heinz ketchup , do not like most other brands. But don’t like the Heinz politics. Might have to try this.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,326  
Good evening all. 44ºF, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. moderate wind morning, afternoon was light wind. Sky clouded up then cleared off, and high temp was 70ºF, DP 40ºF. slow start again, got some wood split, wood pile restacked, Bike ride less affected by wind today, and got nap in, and helped wife to make meatballs for dinner :). Alarm clock has gone goofy, think switches to set alarm gone bad. Never know if real time, or alarm time on display :( Cloud pic I got luck and caught it. Forgot to take after restack photo :(
Don great pic.
Dennis sorry about the lack of reference, was tired. :(
Helogabals thank you for some of your background.
David sorry for lack of reference as well. will try to do better.
David sorry for the lack of consideration by the politicos with regard your ability to pay :(
David thanks for response, the color on the taters looked different, now I know why :)
Doug sorry about the rib, hope it heals soon
Bill glad you are warming up
Buppies sorry about the new surgery. prayers sent
Roy glad you have been enjoying company.
Billy quite the temp change. How old is the smoke detector. they can go bad, at nite, at 3AM :(
Don glad Dr visit went well, hope should does not need surgery. Hope car sale goes well.
Paul leftovers get eaten here as well. Hope trip went safely and calmly. Understand with the inflation your fears of big price hikes
Drew glad birthday dinner went well. No experience freezing prime rib, but we will freeze things like spaghetti sauce after cooking with no issues.
Ken good luck with hanger and bee careful!
Drew going car shopping with checkbook?
PJ my last name used to have 2 "n"s, got changed in WWI to make it less German. Sorry you are still having issues getting your speakers
PJ thanks for sharing hat pics
RNG hope you stayed upwind from fire, poison oak/ivy oil can be in the smoke. My sisters got PI from a compfire that had PI on the logs :( Gald you had good weather and now rain :)
Lou glad you get a chance for tasty meals out.
Drew hope you are happier with this car than the last.
Rich sorry cat adoption going slow. Glad canopy on tractor, hope wife does not get anoth retirement delay.
David glad in person happy hour went well. Nice to hear ou are getting compliments on caretaker house from locals :)
Randy good to hear had a good day working on mowers
Thomas isn't nice to have hohum day then put feet up?
Helogabals got a chukle on your volvo joke.
RNG how old was the beer, have not seen pecan beer here.
Kyle never tried asparagus from seeds, alway bought roots, planted in trench with manure, and filled trench in after sprout. I think it takes several years before harvesting from seeds. Good luck with Kohler project.
Dennis sorry about meeting with financial advisor, sorry about accident. Accident sounded real bad.
Roy good to hear you are handling the increase number of women so well.
Randy(wag) .8 mm rain doe not sound like much water.
Randy that for tip on red gold ketchup. Have not seen it in sore where I usually shop.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, /mom recovery, living alone, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's FIL death /new cancer surgeries /cataract surgery, Roy /palpitations, /angina /UTI, Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer surgery and recovery, /wife head wound healing, Thomas/gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery/retirement, /family issues, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes /rib, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery follow up, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues /dog seizure, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis/ brother "alligallyitus" and improving, James /wife's fall and recovery, Drew /brother's wife Covid, Ukraine war, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

Attachments

• 20220306_175425.jpg
    20220306_175425.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 20220314_105046.jpg
    20220314_105046.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
   / Good morning!!!! #147,327  
Mostly, my comment was in reference to my forgetfulness, not your lack of detail.

I run a picture site on FB. Someone who posted some comments chatted with me tonight, is a relative on my maternal grandfather side. She is supposed to send me some genealogy info, as mine is lacking there. She also was able to tell me where my great grandparents lived. I knew the general area. Turns out I have a picture of an old barn in that area, that she said belonged to my great uncle.
At the same time another person on my site hit me up with genealogy question on my dads side, he may be related, he’s going to send me some data. A good genealogical night.

An accountant at church was telling me it’s sometimes works out to file taxes married separately instead of married together. So I tried it, not even close, I’d be paying instead of receiving. Didn’t work for me.
Do have taxes ready to file. I get a nice chunk back.

My dad volunteered to fight the Germans in WW2, his grandmother was born in Germany and I think was still alive at the time.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,328  
Although 0.8mm of rain isn't much, Mostly, it's still better than 0.0mm. :)

Yes, there are times when 'we' curse the rain and others when 'we' curse the drought. It's all cyclical... two years ago the East Coast of Tassie had endured almost 3 years of drought, which was no where close to the extreme drought they had on the mainland.

Now the mainland of Australia is going through the second year of extreme flooding. My tanks are full to overflowing.

As I'm on tank water, I'm grateful for any and all that falls. Fortunately, for the 9+ years I've physically lived here at "Wagtail Park", I haven't had to call in a water-truck to fill... although I've come close! ('sink-baths' & once a week shower 😀)

/ Good morning!!!! #147,330  
Randy. Is Tank water same as we call Catchment? We collect rain from the roof into storage tanks. We have 4 tanks, 4k gallons each.