3-Point Hitch 2 bottom plow

/ 2 bottom plow #11  
I pull a 4 bottom with trips regularly with a 4630.

Yes. Some posts, while true, sow confusion rather than light.

John Deere 4630​

Dimensions
Wheelbase:112.65 inches
286 cm
Length:171.2 inches
434 cm
Height (steering wheel):93.6 inches
237 cm
Height (cab):116.9 inches
296 cm
Operating weight:16250 lbs
7371 kg

Last edited:
   / 2 bottom plow #12  
Tires are not filled.

If your Deere 4310 has 2-WD it will pull a two-bottom moldboard plow of 12" width through reasonably moist soil.

If your Deere 4310 has 4-WD it will pull a two-bottom moldboard plow of 12", or 14" width through anything.

If your Deere 4310 has 4-WD it will pull a three-bottom moldboard plow of 12" width through reasonably moist soil.

A 16" width plow moves almost twice the dirt, relative to a 12" plow.

Can you expound on that?

/ 2 bottom plow #13  
depended on your soil, depth of plowing and spacing of the plow… i have a 60hp MF and with a 12inch two furrow bottom plow i was going as deep as i could and in some spots with i had trouble and some not at all …

/ 2 bottom plow #14  
Agree, as same with my 4300.
I'll wager a JD 4310 MFWD can't pull a 3 bottom moldboard in my soil type.

And all depends on the depth one is trying to moldboard plow. Or it be sod ground, old pasture ground, clay (blue, red, ??), sandy loam, wet, dry, etc, etc.
So many variables to put into the equation.

/ 2 bottom plow #16  

Can you expound on that?
I'm sitting with sheer anticipation for that explanation. Moldboard wings are the same size for different point size. So the extra 4'' of 16'' point size would have to be moving same amount of soil as the 1st 12''. Very interesting concept that I would like to have explained to this forum

/ 2 bottom plow #17  
I'm sitting with sheer anticipation for that explanation. Moldboard wings are the same size for different point size. So the extra 4'' of 16'' point size would have to be moving same amount of soil as the 1st 12''. Very interesting concept that I would like to have explained to this forum
Could have been a typo like someone:unsure: that said "Yes. Some posts, while true, sow confusion rather than light." But meant to say,,,,,Some posts are true and some sow confusion. :ROFLMAO:

/ 2 bottom plow #18  
Guess it depends on the bottom, my plows the moldboard is the width of furrow and point is only part the width of the furrow.

The double comment stems from the old rule of thumb to plow only as deep as half the width of the bottom, while one 16" not quite double one 12", here is the theory:

12" = 6" deep 6x12= 72 square inches per bottom

16" = 8" deep 8x16 = 128 square inches per bottom.

/ 2 bottom plow #20  
31.2 Horsepower
No, not in unbroken soil
In broken soil yah, but you need more Ooomph than that in virgin land.
I dropped a 16" two bottom in my unbroken soil last fall. It was a lot of effort for my 47 HP DK4710 to pull it. There were times it stopped my forward motion entirely, necessitating that I lift it.