Trailers coming down in price?

/ Trailers coming down in price?
I haven’t really paid attention to prices but I have seen more trailers sitting on dealers lots.
And sit they will. Now with high interest rates along and pandemic-price gouging, most working people are priced out of the market.
I’m sure good deals will be everywhere once the economy comes to its inevitable inflation fueled crash.

/ Trailers coming down in price? #12  
Wants are second to necessities.

The business owner that can turn a profit will buy…

For many discretionary spending is on hold or so it seems to me.

Wants are second to necessities.

The business owner that can turn a profit will buy…

For many discretionary spending is on hold or so it seems to me.
Sure is.
The problem with turning a profit these days is many of the business owners’ customers are completely out of touch. They dont understand the cost of these items along with fuel, lubricants, replacement parts and service. They are all up 50-100% in a matter of 1.5 years.
Many customers living in their bubbles can’t believe the price estimates we are handing them. This in turn is causing many businesses to lose customers & work. That results in less equipment purchases.

The dealer lots are now finally being back filled with order post the ridiculously over played Covid lockdowns. Now the lots are filling with trailers & trucks with 25% or more cost on them than 1.5 years ago. Combine doubled interest rates with that and I bet inventory will sit for months or years.

/ Trailers coming down in price? #14  
Many projects on hold...

So far it's the get ready to sell going strong or the new buyer before move in.

My brother totally rebuilt his 1860 barn finishing early 2020.

His wife said enough is enough.

I could only say take everything spent over the 18 month project and double it today... some like matching heart redwood siding is basically non existent at present.

It did help with the marital situation pointing out timing was spit on...

/ Trailers coming down in price? #15  
I bought a utility trailer a yr and a half ago. 16ft $2900. I added a winch used 400 and a battery 150. I got a lot of use out of it and just sold it last week for $3800. So I am going to buy another 2 ft longer and next up in axle weight. I think if I wait a bit I may be able to break even...maybe. This is almost like trading stock!

/ Trailers coming down in price? #17  
My local dealer is dropping prices. Somewhat substantially on bigger trailers.
Maybe the price gouging is almost over (except for fuel)?
$19,900 down to $18,500.

View attachment 749596

Feeling great that you can now buy that trailer you have been wanting for the last couple years.

Realizing that you can’t afford the gas required to tow it……
Priceless

/ Trailers coming down in price? #19  
$1400 might make a difference for a household budget but when you’re running a business that involves equipment that’s barely anything.

$1400 might make a difference for a household budget but when you’re running a business that involves equipment that’s barely anything.
Speak for yourself. I have over $400,000 in equipment and $1,400 buys about 300 gallons of fuel, or a couple months of business insurance.

$100 is still worth something to me.