Are prices like this everywhere?

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #261  
We had a similar problem. Not our personal card, but my wife was the financial officer for her region, so her info was on the company card. They had some accounting snafu and took 90 days to clear it up. Her FICO is still 60-100 points lower than mine.
I was surprised to see the credit score dip as the balance paid and not carried over but best guess is utilization percentage?

We don't hear much anymore about empowering employees to solve problems or stepping up when no one is looking but to me these attributes can really make a company successful.

Reminds of a Well Fargo situation I will never forget... someone received a small judgement against Wells Fargo and Wells ignored...

The person went to the San Francisco Sheriff with the Judgement to seize the Wells Fargo stagecoach in the Corporate headquarters lobby...

There was a mad scramble with employees coming up with cash to pay the Judgement saving the iconic Stage Coach...

Last edited:
   / Are prices like this everywhere? #262  
I understand why Ultra used any means to get a phone system up, as it is a hospital and lives could be affected.

I had to use a personal credit card for many years for expensing trips. Many in the 3-10,000 dollar range. I had to hound our accounting people for approvals and get them to pay before the card came due.

They missed by a lot once on a $7000 bill and I ended up parking myself in the CFOs assistants office until they paid me.

I paid the minimum during the billing cycle and had the company finally after many months pay the interest payment.
My score went up through all of this, always puzzled on that one.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #263  
Our house is old, poorly insulated, and 30+ year old furnace. Some of those will be addressed next year.
I was pleasantly surprised that in this climate of inflation, the price of our new Bryant plus 95 condensing furnace actually came down from what they cost 15 years ago plus the new one is even more efficient (5%) than the one they removed. We stuck with Bryant because of the warranty, 10 years parts and labor. If I'm around in 10 years it will be a miracle.

That don't change the fact that we will always burn corn for heat. It's free for us and the biomass stove is basically cheap to run. It only consumes 200 watts of power running flat out and delivers 80K btu of heat. I'll set the thermostat on it a few degrees warmer than the furnace set point, that way, on really bitter cold days when it won't holt temp, the furnace will come on and keep us toasty.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #264  
I've found it nearly impossible to reach CEO and similar when trying to resolve issues with other companies...

What works amazingly well is reaching out to the executive secretary or administrative assistant... if you gain their sympathy they can move mountains as they speak for the boss... plus they are actually reachable...

Also works well with city departments too! Simply saying Lori at the City Manager's office sent me over gets their full attention!

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #265  
I was pleasantly surprised that in this climate of inflation, the price of our new Bryant plus 95 condensing furnace actually came down from what they cost 15 years ago plus the new one is even more efficient (5%) than the one they removed. We stuck with Bryant because of the warranty, 10 years parts and labor. If I'm around in 10 years it will be a miracle.
That is a good warranty and would have benefitted me because labor on a warranty repair ain't no joke...

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #266  
That is a good warranty and would have benefitted me because labor on a warranty repair ain't no joke...
Yes, it is and the prime motivator for replacing the old Bryant with a new Bryant. Could have purchased a lower priced unit (couple hundred bucks) but that made no sense to us, like you state, one service call plus parts can be way more than a couple hundred and condensing furnaces are inherently complex anyway.

The old one went 15 years without an issue but the secondary heat exchanger got plugged up which is related to running propane (which I wasn't aware of). I was told by the HVAC folks that we need to change out the burners every 3 years or so as propane tends to clog them and then they don't burn clean and clog the secondary heat exchanger so we set that up a ahead of time. Burner change is quick and easy too.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #267  
My furnaces or furnaces I’m responsible for date from 1922 to 2012…

Of course the older ones are not as efficient but sure are reliable…

I imagine the 1922 will be around long after I’m gone.

Central furnaces from the 1950’s seem very well built to me… of course they have a belt and 3 drops of oil each month on the motor bearings.

Almost all my service calls are furnaces less than 20 years old… blower motors, circuit board, igniter… with heat pumps being the most trouble bar none…

Makes me wonder if efficiency and reliability can be attained…

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #268  
The more complex a system, the higher the failure rate. Chaos theory and those bean counters at corporate :cool:

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #269  
IMPO, if the buyer's m/a team overlooked paying the regular monthly phone bill, that's squarely on them.....absolutely no good reason to have to call the CEO to have gotten a regular monthly phone bill paid.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #270  
My furnaces or furnaces I’m responsible for date from 1922 to 2012…

Of course the older ones are not as efficient but sure are reliable…

I imagine the 1922 will be around long after I’m gone.

Central furnaces from the 1950’s seem very well built to me… of course they have a belt and 3 drops of oil each month on the motor bearings.

Almost all my service calls are furnaces less than 20 years old… blower motors, circuit board, igniter… with heat pumps being the most trouble bar none…
IMPO, if the buyer's m/a team overlooked paying the regular monthly phone bill, that's squarely on them.....absolutely no good reason to have to call the CEO to have gotten a regular monthly phone bill paid.