Are prices like this everywhere?

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #281  
Yep. Most consumer lenders are not set up to handle retirement income, or asset-based lending. It is not like the old days where the branch manager in the local town could make a call. Of course, the flip side is that you don't have to worry if your branch manager is a racist and you aren't his preferred color. Making credit fair and efficient also makes it inflexible. Glad your dealer and that credit guy could make it happen. I wonder how typical that is for Kubota Financial.
The Kubota manager said it is happening more and more often. It’s the dollar amount that he said throws them. Tractors ain’t cheap. 😂

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #282  
Yep. Same here. Had a slow steady leak in a tire on my 1500 Ram truck. I thought it might be the sensor. Dealer told me a new tire was $350. I thought that was too high and bought it from Discount Tire - $300 - still seems like a lot.

In the Ozarks the only internet service we can get is CenturyLink DSL. This month, it was out for 2 weeks. Finally got home and called their tech service. The number was "disconnected." Went to CenturyLink .com and got another "customer Service" number. called it, pushed all the buttons about the service tech info about my issue. The recording thanked me and said they would call me shortly. It was a text message entering me into a CHAT about my issue. Tried that. No good took 2 hrs, did nothing. I asked if there wasn't a way to talk with someone. Chat gave me a number that was open until 8PM. I called that....They told me that Sorry, they are closed -thanks for calling. It was 6PM. And then opened another chat window for me. closed that one and returned to the first chat.

I gave up with them and worked on the issue my self. I could not find ANY problems with my modem, router, wiring etc. Just no DSL. Thirty minutes later, I received another text. My internet issue was solved. They solved on their end and were canceling the tech app they had made costing $95.

I think they (for some reason) randomly shut down accounts and wait until they "reactivate" them.
Never talked with anyone and only took 3 hours. The future of customer service???

Last edited:
   / Are prices like this everywhere? #283  
In defense of good accounting departments everywhere, it was our experience that getting expense reports approved before they got to us was the common issue. Or missing receipts. We couldn’t pay what we haven’t received, are aware of, or are undocumented. Pitching a hissy fit isn’t going to help you. We’ve heard it all before. Go see your boss to see if your expense report is gathering dust in his inbox. We cut checks twice a week regardless if it was 25 or 200. Our butts were on the line to follow the rules and procedures.
Maybe your insight can help me.

I ordered some custom case work for work... and used the company credit card for the $700 transaction.

Accounts payable requires all charges be reconciled weekly otherwise a report is made...

As this was custom work and the matching laminate had to be special ordered it took over 3 weeks to receive the finished product yet the charge posted at the time of order because it is custom work.

By acknowledging charges the employee states items received otherwise a dispute ticket has to be opened.

I am not going to say I received merchandise I didn't but there is no dispute because 4 week leadtime on invoice.

I can't tell you how many people all the way to my Administrator became involved... and the Admin is the one requesting the item.

I was told I should just approve the charge and no issue... but that would be against policy.

I could have put the item on my personal card but then have to explain why I didn't use company card...

Any thoughts?

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #284  
In defense of good accounting departments everywhere, it was our experience that getting expense reports approved before they got to us was the common issue. Or missing receipts. We couldn’t pay what we haven’t received, are aware of, or are undocumented. Pitching a hissy fit isn’t going to help you. We’ve heard it all before. Go see your boss to see if your expense report is gathering dust in his inbox. We cut checks twice a week regardless if it was 25 or 200. Our butts were on the line to follow the rules and procedures.
All pre-approved, all receipts in order. All Mgmt approvals received.
I know the drill and don't try to make work for others.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #285  
Was just at my local county fair chatting with the John Deere salesman. They always have an exhibit with a few tractors.
I told him I was pulling a square baler around with an old relic 300HP Magnum worth about $50,000 on a good day.
He showed me a new Deere 280HP tractor. A mere $325,000.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #286  
Computers send bills to other computers and when not paid the cascade of events sets into motion.
Skynet junior....

Young people might not understand the movie, but the flow of this discussion has me thinking of a now-old movie with Sandra Bullock... can't remember the name of it...... she worked at home solely on the internet, ordered pizza and groceries online, not common circa Then. Something goes wrong in her life..... ffwd to absolutely nobody in the real-world knows her (Facebook et al had not been born yet).

Should probably watch it again.... Ok, it's Sandra Bullock, you've convinced me.....

Rgds, D.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #287  
When I applied to refi my first home that I owned mortgage free it was an uphill battle.

As I pulled the wheel off the American Savings Branch Manager walked out and asked if everything is ok...

The next day she called and said I was approved and said her boss had asked to see my application and said make the loan... all because of a chance meeting... I think yes.
You demonstrated initiative, and that you knew how to put your back in getting something done.... for somebody not prepared to do anything for you.

That said a lot, back then; means even more today, IMO.

Rgds, D.

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #288  
I'm going to just leave this here.

fico-score-factors.png

I'll state this again...if you have no credit amounts owed, no new credit, have no credit mix, the best you can get is 50% of a formulated score. It's mathematically impossible to have a high score when you don't have those areas contributing to the overall.

I love the overly optimistic tone, but I have reservations.
Sorry, but you are wrong.
We have a fair amount of activity on our credit cards so they are all active, but they are all paid off in full on time monthly and have been since we took them out.
No loans (ever) and a score of 777-812 going back to 2020 depending on how much of a balance is on the primary card.
Newest card is a gas card that is a couple of years old.

I had a bank here in the states that did that. They transferred money out of my checking account. But couldn't provide information on where it went and by whom.

Met with the bank manager. Come to find out it was a couple employees. Instead of refunding me all the money plus overdraft fees, they just refunded the money and part of the over draft fees.

Manager stated he would slowly refund the charges over a period since he would be dinged if he did them all at once. Me being young and naive, I went along with it. Well two weeks later the bank was bought out and manager told me to kiss off.

I got stuck on that one with very little recourse.

If that ever happens again, you bet your butt there will be police reports and charges filed and heads rolling.
A co-worker had a bunch of checks to suppliers for his small business bounce because the bank put the decimal place on a check with payment for a job in the wrong place when depositing it (ie: entered a $60,000 check as being a $600 check).
He got the bank manager send out replacement checks with a letter of explanation on bank letterhead saying that the checks had bounced due to a bank error because otherwise those suppliers were going to switch him to being a COD account instead of a NET30 account.

Aaron Z

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #289  
450A89B8-94AF-427E-9A79-DE651A187FFB.jpeg

/ Are prices like this everywhere? #290  
Maybe your insight can help me.

I ordered some custom case work for work... and used the company credit card for the $700 transaction.

Accounts payable requires all charges be reconciled weekly otherwise a report is made...

As this was custom work and the matching laminate had to be special ordered it took over 3 weeks to receive the finished product yet the charge posted at the time of order because it is custom work.

By acknowledging charges the employee states items received otherwise a dispute ticket has to be opened.

I am not going to say I received merchandise I didn't but there is no dispute because 4 week leadtime on invoice.

I can't tell you how many people all the way to my Administrator became involved... and the Admin is the one requesting the item.

I was told I should just approve the charge and no issue... but that would be against policy.

I could have put the item on my personal card but then have to explain why I didn't use company card...

Any thoughts?
Catch 22 of sorts. Sorry. The bigger the company, and more automated the accounting or approval system the worse it gets. I was fortunate to work for two mid size companies for 34 of 35 year accounting career. We still had sense and flexability. That one other year sucked, a national centralized company he77 bent on relying on SAP software.

Last edited: