Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #331  
Well, to be honest if you are running something that's under 25H.P. it probably should be battery anyway. Those smaller motors suck and burn too much gas and two strokes want to have mix gas etc. Speaking of dairies, back in the 90s i was doing some business with a dairy that made their own electric power from methane they made from cow manure. It gave them an edge over other dairies in the area. Even though electric power is cheap here, they saved money and used the products from the methane digester for other purposes, i don't recall what it was now though. Not a farmer or dairy rancher.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #332  
I'm only talking about eliminating fossil fuels where it makes sense. I'm not a big fan of electric cars, all things considered. If you consider the total pollution generated in their production I don't see them as a real improvement on a modern low emission vehicle. Besides I like hearing the sound of my gas powered Porsche when I go down the road much better than the electric one I drove.

It appears that the increase in energy cost is now greater for fossil fuels than renewables. Honestly, if we can figure out an economical storage solution, most of the fossil fuel electric generation will go the way of the dinosaur.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #333  
Well, to be honest if you are running something that's under 25H.P. it probably should be battery anyway. Those smaller motors suck and burn too much gas and two strokes want to have mix gas etc. Speaking of dairies, back in the 90s i was doing some business with a dairy that made their own electric power from methane they made from cow manure. It gave them an edge over other dairies in the area. Even though electric power is cheap here, they saved money and used the products from the methane digester for other purposes, i don't recall what it was now though. Not a farmer or dairy rancher.

125F66E9-4B16-4AED-97F9-0515D5E878C2.jpeg

From here:

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #334  
FInd me a battery replacement for 25+ ton splitter with a 10hp gas motor...... or 4" trash or water pump.
Or a decent generator I can use for weeks after a storm.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #335  
I hope it suits your amazing state for the time being, because from what I am reading the next agenda is pushing the end of cows for milk & beef.
I won’t be losing sleep over a supposed half baked agenda. I’m sure that dairies will be around for many decades (centuries). But what is happening with agriculture nationwide (like other industries) is economies of scale. Small acreage and animal farms are having a difficult time with viability, except where they have developed a niche market.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #336  
I'm only talking about eliminating fossil fuels where it makes sense. I'm not a big fan of electric cars, all things considered. If you consider the total pollution generated in their production I don't see them as a real improvement on a modern low emission vehicle. Besides I like hearing the sound of my gas powered Porsche when I go down the road much better than the electric one I drove.

It appears that the increase in energy cost is now greater for fossil fuels than renewables. Honestly, if we can figure out an economical storage solution, most of the fossil fuel electric generation will go the way of the dinosaur.

That’s fine with me. I have said for years I am an excellent candidate for an electric truck. I haul short distan es and need a lot of torque. Perfect for me.

Just don’t force it on me through screaming, emotional congresswomen who don’t know crap from a hole in the ground.

Let the market figure it out, and don’t go making emmissions standards impossible to achieve, either.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #337  
Weren’t the Environmentalist people the ones screaming at large ranchers and dairies for polluting and abusing animals?
Yeah, lots of people make noise about their agendas. The majority rolls their eyes and says “so what.”

Last edited:
   / Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #338  
That’s fine with me. I have said for years I am an excellent candidate for an electric truck. I haul short distan es and need a lot of torque. Perfect for me.

Just don’t force it on me through screaming, emotional congresswomen who don’t know crap from a hole in the ground.

Let the market figure it out, and don’t go making emmissions standards impossible to achieve, either.
We agree!!!!

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #339  

You’ve obviously never cleared fence lines or cut trees for a living/commercially.
I do, and no battery tool is even close to that yet.
For occasional homeowner use, its just fine.
Maybe there will be in future, but please don’t force me into batteries when they can’t do what ICE can do.

/ Minnesota to try and ban gas powered equipment #340  
Yeah, lots of people make noise about their agendas. Then majority tools their eyes and says “so what.”

Far as I can see, the agendas are becoming laws.
CA no ICE cars by ‘35?
MN proposing legislation on banning small engines?
Gas blowers banned in some areas?

Sounds like more than agenda to me, or haven't you noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.