Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #11  
Well, they could not check bolts and go through pre delivery… then you could come back in a month lamenting how there are all these quality issues?

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #12  
Sadly or fortunately? Tractor dealers don't work as fast as car dealers

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #13  
Seems like they would check bolts etc. BEFORE putting it on the lot like the OP's.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #14  
I'd say it was about a week, plus or minus a day or two, the wait seems like nothing now.

It was just enough to leave a memory of lamenting the lack of a tractor, but not bad enough to remember the length of time. 🤣

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #15  
It’s a bigger tractor I see and they usually come pretty complete. Not much prep time there.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #16  
With all of mine it was about a week. I really never mind the wait, they check all of the fluids and bolts and other odd and end things. I very much appreciate it! Back in the early 2000's I purchased a new ford dually that had the rear end start making a god awful sound after a week or so...... after warranty repair and a few weeks in the shop, I found out the differential did not have oil in it from the factory. So I am very happy to see all of the paint marker dashes on all of the tractor bolts and dip sticks when I take possession.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #17  
I don't remember how long it took to see 1st delivery of my 2018 B2650 (bought off the lot without attachments) But it took five trips back to the dealer to get the missing bolts and other stock parts right (MMM & FEL). One time I trailered the damned thing back myself and was so pissed off that I had to apologize to some of the employes (who had nothing to do with it).:mad:

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
   / Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor
I know after getting a new tractor and driving it for awhile, I always get my impact and go around it on all the wheel related nuts and bolts. Even if tightened to manufacturer specs they tend to get loose. Only lost one wheel nut and bolt of all those, and it had been re-tightened too. It seems to take them a couple of months of steady use to settle in and stay tight.
Rotary cutter gearbox bolts and nuts are the same. Once I torque on them a few times when new, they seem to settle in and stay tight too.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #19  
In my case, made the deal on a Friday at around 7PM and got it the next Monday with tires filled and ready to go.
One thing I forgot to add to my post is that over here, the importer does all the assembly and prep necessary once they receive the tractors on their lot. From there, it goes to the dealers to get sold pretty much ready to go.

The only thing the dealers will do, is do a final once over and take care of any requests by the costumer, like swapping to R1 Radials, filling tires, install an extra set of remotes, send the tractor to the loader manufacturer to have a loader installed or install a loader themselves, install SMV sign, license plate and beacon, etc.

I don't know if it's a better system or not but very rarely hear about loose bolts or nuts, even after thousands of hours. Honestly, it baffles me constantly reading on this forum about loose bolts with hardly any hours on the tractors. It does show very little care or attention during this process.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor
One thing I forgot to add to my post is that over here, the importer does all the assembly and prep necessary once they receive the tractors on their lot. From there, it goes to the dealers to get sold pretty much ready to go.

The only thing the dealers will do, is do a final once over and take care of any requests by the costumer, like swapping to R1 Radials, filling tires, install an extra set of remotes, send the tractor to the loader manufacturer to have a loader installed or install a loader themselves, install SMV sign, license plate and beacon, etc.

I don't know if it's a better system or not but very rarely hear about loose bolts or nuts, even after thousands of hours. Honestly, it baffles me constantly reading on this forum about loose bolts with hardly any hours on the tractors. It does show very little care or attention during this process.

Final assembly here varies by the manufacturer.

I know in the case of my Mahindra, they come imported to the assembly plant as a tractor body. The loaders which are USA made are added, the tires and wheels, which are also USA products are put on the tractor, the loader and hydraulics are tested at the assembly plant before being sent to the dealer.

It's probably cheaper to ship just the tractor body then put on wheels and accessory items here, from the shipping aspect of taking up much less room on the boat.

Once I take delivery, any loose nuts and bolts become my responsibility. The tightening of wheel nuts/bolts is just part of it. I check them upon delivery, and then several times when it's still fairly new. I've tightened many loose wheel nut/bolts that know for a fact were tight upon my delivery. Those items have a history of needing to be re-tightened during the break in period. My dually pickup is the same way. They even tell you to check the lugnuts after so many miles.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

QT Boom Pole Att. (A33978)
QT Boom Pole Att...
Hino Diesel Particulate Filter, (A33079)
Hino Diesel...
2009 Ford F550 Truck (A32932)
2009 Ford F550...
PLEASE READ!! (A33078)
PLEASE READ!! (A33078)
Rotary cutter (A34007)
Rotary cutter (A34007)
Mini Excavator Grapple Att. (A33978)
Mini Excavator...