Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #1  

rockinbbar

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 120, Powerstar 75, New Holland c245
So I made a deal on a new Powerstar 110 New Holland last week. Good deal, and I trust the dealer.

I asked him if I could come in the first part of this week now, and pick up my new tractor?

He said that was a service dept question, as the service dept is a bit backlogged now. But to call the service mgr. and tell him what I wanted done to the tractor, and see how long the wait is.

Okay... So I called the service mgr., and he took down what tractor and what I wanted done. (Just tire sealant added, really.) I asked him when he could get that out for me?

Ummm... we have a stack of tractors to make ready that are already sold. Maybe a bit more than 2 weeks.

🤨

Really? This is the 3rd piece of equipment I've bought at this dealer. I never had to wait before. I know it's all labor related. Getting someone to work, or show up for work. Or even getting qualified help of any sort. But it's really pretty disgusting to have to deal with this. Time is money.

Anyone else having these issues? It's a first for me.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #2  
My friend just bought a new Farmall 75 from a dealer in Manitoba and it is going to be 2 weeks before he can have it.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #4  
It was ten days or so when I bought my new M6040 in 2009. They have already established a priority list/pecking order for the tractors that have been purchased. They are not going to drop everything and put your tractor at the head of the list. Patience is a virtue.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #5  
That's about wait time in our area,longer wait time if extra added on.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #6  
I’m not making excuses for the dealer but I’ve seen Kubotas delivered. They come on a pallet, some assembly required. Mostly on the tractor putting the wheels and tires on but then installing the loader. I’m not sure how long that all takes. I’d guess someone who had done several could do a couple a day on smaller tractors.

I’d be disappointed having to wait two weeks but I’m not surprised. The gut might be doing repairs that have been waiting in the mean time.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor
It isn't really unassembled. Just needs fluid levels checked, nuts and bolts checked, and lotsa plastic thrown away..
Guess it's not as uncommon as I thought on dealer prep time. Or maybe just a sign of our times?

jjUO8fZ.jpg

mdpz3Nf.jpg

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #8  
In my case, made the deal on a Friday at around 7PM and got it the next Monday with tires filled and ready to go.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor
In my case, made the deal on a Friday at around 7PM and got it the next Monday with tires filled and ready to go.

Pretty much my experience in the past.

/ Dealer Prep Time on New Tractor #10  
Just talked to a dealer a couple days ago
When they dropped off my new tractor…
Their shop lead time is about 3 weeks
If tractor is already on display on the lot, delivery could be a week,
But if it still needs “checked in” assembly etc. it could be 2-3 weeks before it’s ready.
Part of it is labor issues, but most of it, is they are just that busy.