Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire?

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #11  
I planning on 10' cross braces. Some of mine will be gate braces as well as corners and ends so I want cross bracing instead of that one horizontal brace. I'm planning on 8' x 330' rolls of fixed knot. Debating on the 12" vs 6" spacing. I'm installing gates now.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #12  
I planning on 10' cross braces. Some of mine will be gate braces as well as corners and ends so I want cross bracing instead of that one horizontal brace. I'm planning on 8' x 330' rolls of fixed knot. Debating on the 12" vs 6" spacing. I'm installing gates now.
Nice design. But boy that 8’ knotted wire roll fencing is a brute to work with. When I constructed my 8’ deer fence with two stacked rolls of 4’ fence.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #13  
I started out with Red Brand 2x4 horse fence in 200 foot rolls. I was getting them from Lowes for $240 a roll, plus 10% off for my military discount. It's good fencing. Then when everything became hard to find in 2020, I bought whatever I could find, wherever it was sold. Tractor Supply and Atwood's would get a roll or two, and I would buy it as fast as I could. Prices shot up to $330 a roll for OK Brand, which I paid. In the last year, supply has gotten better, but it's still hit or miss if it's in stock at my local stores, or if I have to drive half an hour to an hour to get what I want. Lowes hasn't had much for fencing until recently, and their prices went up to $360 a roll for 200 feet of Red Brand, but OK Brand is down to $299 at Atwood's and Tractor Supply. I just looked online and Tractor Supply is on sale for $269 a roll. I'm buying OK Brand, and except for the red paint, it's the same thing as Red Brand.

I stretch 4 point high tensile barbed wire from corner post to corner post to lay out my wood posts every 100 feet, and my T posts every ten feet. I set all my wood posts in concrete. I've pulled enough wood posts out of the ground with and without concrete to know there is a significant difference with concrete.

I'm not a fan of H bracing. Every H brace is only as strong as it's diagonal bracing. I'm using 2 inch galvanized pipe set in concrete for my diagonal bracing. On long runs, I'll put diagonal braces on my wood posts every 200 feet.

I'm using a Man Saver T post pounder to get all my T posts in the ground. It's really impressed me, and at the end of the day, I'm not dead tired or sore.

If you don't have one, be sure to buy a Clip Bender. I wore my first one out and bought another right away. When I wear this one out, I'll buy another. Nothing works like it does, and once you've used it, you wont' use anything else.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #14  
i have about a mile total of a combo of red and ok brand and i find no difference in quality. whichever is cheaper/in stock when in need. its not easy to tension. i usually do middle first, then bottom, then top. cut all the verticals at the post and wrap them around and tie back into itself, a few loose staples to keep it from sliding up and down. longest run is about 1600 and i just have 2 braces. seems to be just fine. if you are doing top wires, i would install all the feild fencing and top wires at once, then tension them all at the same time. getting them balanced can be a challenge. get a couple tensioners of choice. i just use the classic goldenrod.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #15  
Nice design. But boy that 8’ knotted wire roll fencing is a brute to work with. When I constructed my 8’ deer fence with two stacked rolls of 4’ fence.
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't put any up yet so I may regret it. I just hate the idea of working with the top section of 2 section fencing or pulling barb wire for the top.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #16  
I'm going to be putting in about 4000 feet of similar fencing. I don't know if 6.5' posts are long enough. 48" wire + a strand of barbed or electric wire above that. I'm going with 7' posts and still have concern about being too short.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #17  
Well for the 8' fence I'm installing 12' 6x6 corner and gate posts, 4' in the ground in concrete and 10' 4v4 line posts 2' in the ground in concrete. I may come between with T posts but haven't decided yet.

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #18  
I'm using 6 foot T posts for my 4 foot fence. My soil is red clay, and it holds the T posts in the ground extremely well!!!!

For stretching my fencing, I bought a 4 foot stretcher bar from Kencove. I tried making my own from 2x6's and bolts, but it's nowhere near as good as the one they sell. I use two Come Alongs that I attach to my backhoe with chains to get the best angle to tighten the fencing. I only do two rolls at a time when stretching.

378137923_10231270080077979_6341709983466724046_n.jpg

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #19  
You also need to find a good crimper to connect each roll of fencing. To me, this is the thing I hate the most. My crimper does the job, but I hate using it. I put two sleeves on the top and bottom wire, and a single sleeve on the other wires.

378146290_10231271102143530_2224548675786125302_n.jpg

/ Bekaert or Red Brand field fence wire? #20  
I think I'm going to use those small cable clamps to do that or either just put a post in where the joint is.