Getting an annual physical at the doctors

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #11  
Hmm. Timely thread.

My girlfriend has been nagging me about seeing a doctor for years, and it's been about 12 since I had a check-up.

Guess it's about time to locate what's hopefully a good doctor.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors
I’m certain having you as a neighbor provided peace of mind.
Our neighbor knows we mentioned about downsizing and moving down the road.

She asked my wife how soon we were going to move because she knows our door is ALWAYS open to her and her husband to visit. My wife assured her it was going to be at least 10 years, but we plan in advance (becuase we knew one of their grand kids was looking being married, and I have no issues to giving an "inside track" to people I know).

Put a smile on my face when my wife told me that.

We came to this house in a rural setting pretty much as damn yankees living in the "south", and even though we were damn yankees, we made friends for life.

Actually this couple had NEVER been to our house ever until we bought it '(built in 1988 and we bought it in 2004) because the previous owner who built the house never invited any of his neighbors over.

People are people no matter where you live in the world.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #13  
Hmm. Timely thread.

My girlfriend has been nagging me about seeing a doctor for years, and it's been about 12 since I had a check-up.

Guess it's about time to locate what's hopefully a good doctor.
Annual checkups made me aware of issues I needed to address in BP and BS to enable a long and healthy life. Been kinda watching it for 15 yrs but now a little more serious about it as I age. Go now - any doctor is better than no doctor. Get some blood work done and be aware of your health.

Sounds like a woman who should be more than a girlfriend to you ;)

A good women who actaullys cares for your health is hard to find...

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #15  
Sounds like a woman who should be more than a girlfriend to you ;)

A good women who actaullys cares for your health is hard to find...
I know, I know. That's just one of her many good qualities.

We never have got around to get married for some reason, and it would definitely benefit me financially if we did. If I outlive her that is, but considering some of the stuff I do, that's not likely.

Dang it. Already two more things to put on the list for '24. See a doctor and get married.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #16  

We never have got around to get married for some reason, and it would definitely benefit me financially if we did. If I outlive her that is, but considering some of the stuff I do, that's not likely.

Dang it. Already two more things to put on the list for '24. See a doctor and get married.
Married men live longer lives... whether they want to or not :LOL:

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #18  
Married men live longer lives... whether they want to or not :LOL:
Did you know the person most likely to kill a married man is his wife?

I consider my lucky. I got married at an age where I didn't care financially if I married my girlfriend at the time "or not" because by that time, I was financially secure at age 38 or so...

I played the field pretty good for about 19 years, and when I decided to pull the trigger, when met and were married within 10 months of meeing each other (she could drive a striaght drive and he dad kind of forced her to take a gun with her moving out of state, which impressed me LOL).

That said, if I would have married my "true love" at age 18 (which I wanted to do and she didn't, and broke my heart so to speak), I know for a fact that we have been divorced by now because of the person I was when I was that age.

We all have different shoes to walk in.

That said, I'll give you this advice... if on your 3rd or 4th marriage, don't do it even if she is a good woman! ;)

My wife was on her second marriage with me, and she had no clue what a mistake it was at age 25 or so her first time.

Funny fact is my wife is 100% better than me as a Christian, but she was divorced and she was my first marriage.

Last edited: