Electrical Issue

/ Electrical Issue #1  

WCS755

Tractor
John Deere 755
Hi, I have a John Deere 755 compact tractor. Since early fall I have had an electrical issue. The tractor will stall during use. It restarts but stalls immediately. I discovered that the 10amp fuse which corresponds to the starter, panel, ect. was blown. Replacing it 2 or 3 times has worked. Now as soon as I put a new fuse in and start the tractor, it immediately blows the fuse. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? I appreciate your consideration.

/ Electrical Issue #2  
trace the wires from the fuse you have a short

willy

/ Electrical Issue
Thanks Willy, that was my intention. Today I followed the wire from ignition to the fuse block and from fuses to alternator. I couldn't find an obvious issue but in moving the connections and harnesses around I got it to start and back to the barn for now.

/ Electrical Issue #4  
Do you have a wiring diagram ? That will go a long way to help you find the issue.

Could mice have chewed thru the insulation on some wires ?

Richard

/ Electrical Issue #5  
Possibly a bad sensor, most sensors on certain JD tractors are tied to the start/ignition fuse.

/ Electrical Issue #6  
Thanks Willy, that was my intention. Today I followed the wire from ignition to the fuse block and from fuses to alternator. I couldn't find an obvious issue but in moving the connections and harnesses around I got it to start and back to the barn for now.
If moving the harness around sporadically fixes the issue, you almost definitely have either an abraded wire or a loose connection. It's a hassle but just following the wires from start to finish will usually reveal the issue.

/ Electrical Issue #7  
Hi, I have a John Deere 755 compact tractor. Since early fall I have had an electrical issue. The tractor will stall during use. It restarts but stalls immediately. I discovered that the 10amp fuse which corresponds to the starter, panel, ect. was blown. Replacing it 2 or 3 times has worked. Now as soon as I put a new fuse in and start the tractor, it immediately blows the fuse. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? I appreciate your consideration.
Ok now if it stalls during use it has nothing to do with the starting circuit. That fuse goes to something that’s energized while it running. And it could be many things So the isolation process begins!

/ Electrical Issue #8  
You need to trace the relevant wires back and unwrap the wiring bundle to see what you're looking at. It's a PITA but needs to be done

/ Electrical Issue #9  
sounds like the fuel solenoid is dropping out or loosing power, below are what is involved in keeping the fuel open.

I have a PDF of the technical manual for your 755, all the electrical diagrams and testing are in it, check your private messages for contact info if you want it

Joe

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 7.38.06 PM.png

/ Electrical Issue #10  
sounds like the fuel solenoid is dropping out or loosing power, below are what is involved in keeping the fuel open.

I have a PDF of the technical manual for your 755, all the electrical diagrams and testing are in it, check your private messages for contact info if you want it

Joe

View attachment 845801
Joe that is awsome. He will enjoy that