Electrical Issue

/ Electrical Issue
You need to trace the relevant wires back and unwrap the wiring bundle to see what you're looking at. It's a PITA but needs to be done
Thanks. I was afraid that was next. I traced the wires yesterday but didn't see anything obvious at the fuse panel or alternator. Most of the wires are bundled though. I will probably use electrical tape or zip ties to rebundle.

/ Electrical Issue #22  
Before you tear into your wiring harness to far.
You say your tractor "stalls". I would be tempted to say your fuel solenoid is dropping out.
It could be a bad solenoid or the connections right at the solenoid. You have two coils in that solenoid a heavier pull in and lighter hold in.
It may be possible to mechanically move the solenoid lever to open your fuel flow.

/ Electrical Issue #23  
Years ago I had a Farmall H do that while plowing. Ran fine to field, kept shutting off. After several attempts, a finally parked it. I found a broken diode in alternator. Quite annoying.

/ Electrical Issue
Years ago I had a Farmall H do that while plowing. Ran fine to field, kept shutting off. After several attempts, a finally parked it. I found a broken diode in alternator. Quite annoying.
I'm really hoping it's something readily accessible. I have my eyes on the wiring plug at the alternator. The insulation is solid but the wires are bent at a 90 degree angle. All the vibration could damage them inside the insulation maybe. Did you disassemble the alternator?

/ Electrical Issue #25  
I'm really hoping it's something readily accessible. I have my eyes on the wiring plug at the alternator. The insulation is solid but the wires are bent at a 90 degree angle. All the vibration could damage them inside the insulation maybe. Did you disassemble the alternator?
No. Just swapped it for a rebuilt one. This was probably in 1981, cheaper to replace.

/ Electrical Issue #26  
Could mice have chewed through the insulation on some wires ? Running through the wires from beginning to the end will usually reveal the issue in this kind of situations.

/ Electrical Issue
Could mice have chewed through the insulation on some wires ? Running through the wires from beginning to the end will usually reveal the issue in this kind of situations.

/ Electrical Issue
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm thinking now that the short is where the wiring harness passes over the engine block. It's a friction point.

/ Electrical Issue #29  
Looks to me like joecdeere's got you COVERED!
NOW....how to get to him that CASE of his favorite beer!

/ Electrical Issue #30  
I came to suggest operating the fuel solenoid manually if possible but LouNY had that covered. Good way to get you out of a bind short term, or save $600 or whatever Ma Deere wants for a fuel solenoid if that's the problem. Lots of other good suggestions too. Poking around the electrical connections with a temperature gun if you have one might help find a problem, particularly when it's cold out. Sometimes a problem is a bit warmer than the rest of the system.