/ Quick Sand!
We just had 4-5 days of soggy rain preceded by a week of snow, which melted of course. We can’t even get any work done here.
Gonna try today.

View attachment 849383

It sure can get like that sometimes!

Either feast or famine with the rain here the last 3 years. Mostly famine..

/ Quick Sand! #12  
Not a tractor, but my neighbor got his truck stuck in a soft spot when he was feeding his cattle. Called me to come pull him out, but he was stuck so well my wheels just spun. - all 4 of them - it's 4WD 55hp, 8,000# as I was configured at the time. Ended up taking him to his other place where he has a 100hp tractor and that was able to pull him out.

The land around here is firm until you find a soft spot (usually after a rain) that is not visible until you sink in so I guess that qualifies as quicksand. Usually the patch isn't very large, but really causes a problem.
IMG_5716.jpg

/ Quick Sand!
Not a tractor, but my neighbor got his truck stuck in a soft spot when he was feeding his cattle. Called me to come pull him out, but he was stuck so well my wheels just spun. - all 4 of them - it's 4WD 55hp, 8,000# as I was configured at the time. Ended up taking him to his other place where he has a 100hp tractor and that was able to pull him out.

The land around here is firm until you find a soft spot (usually after a rain) that is not visible until you sink in so I guess that qualifies as quicksand. Usually the patch isn't very large, but really causes a problem.
View attachment 849866
I've been there and done that too! :LOL:

H1FH3Mw.jpg

/ Quick Sand! #14  
I found some! Literally.

Had over 8 inches of rain recently, and I know enough about this area to use an overabundance of caution before venturing forth. But even so, I get taught better by Mother Nature every couple of years. :LOL:

Q0Ek7tm.jpg

You can tell by the mud mark on the rear tire that I didn't just give it hell and REALLY bury it.

Had to walk a bit, get my other tractor and use some wits to get it out without compounding the problem by sticking both. The tractor I stuck is my 120hp and the one that saved the day is a 75hp... (Much to the embarrassment of it's larger brother.😉)

8OSAxi5.jpg

I know you guys have been stuck before. Let's see how bad! Post up your stuck photo...

This time it wasn't bad, but it could have been. I've done worse.

Attachments

• 4E947EF4-6EDC-4924-952A-882718EC5875.jpeg
    4E947EF4-6EDC-4924-952A-882718EC5875.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 124
   / Quick Sand!
Yessir!

That's pretty stuck! :oops:

/ Quick Sand! #16  
Years ago I was building a High School in the Coachella Valley on a 50 acre site. Common practice in the desert is to install sprinklers and pre water the site for a week or 2 to minimise the cost of water trucks during grading. Then , during grading a water truck got stuck after filling at the water tower. They sent in a D8 to pull him out. He got stuck. They sent in another D8 to pull the first out and he got stuck. They sent in a D9 and he got stuck.

It turns out that this area is desert and many years there was a low spot and rain washed blow sand in and created a 10’ deep “Quick Sand” pit. The pre watering was the cause that created the quick sand pit. It was the end of the day when I left and they were still there. The next morning they were all out. I don’t know how they got them out but I bet it was expensive.

They moved the water tower and over excavated the “pit”.

/ Quick Sand! #17  
I stuck my Ford 545D Industrial two days ago. I was able to use the toothed bucket to push back to drier ground, and then pull me forward through wet ground to drier ground. R4 industrial tires, will change rears to R1 soon. But, tractor weighs 12,000lbs, super burley, and not good on any soft ground. Be careful doing this with a regular loader on a farm tractor, might bend something.

/ Quick Sand! #18  
When I get my 105hp 4WD Kubota with front end loader stuck, I can nearly always back it out using the loader. In your case you would pick you loader up high enough to be able to turn the forks straight down and into the dirt / mud to the point the tractor front end is nearly off the ground. Then curl the bucket (forks) upwards pushing you backwards at the same time as you're trying to back out. It may take several tries to clear the mud but it works 95% of the time. And believe me, I've been in some tough spots.

/ Quick Sand! #19  

View attachment 849866
I've had that happen more than once. Usually with a bed stack to the top of the cab with firewood (ie +5,000 lbs). Thankfully, it's never been quite that bad. Only once has a tractor struggled to pull me out. Ended up unloading the truck, and laying chunks of firewood in the ruts so the tractor could yank me up on top of them. Repeated that process a few times until it was on solid ground again, and then had to load the truck again.

/ Quick Sand! #20  
My property is all red clay. When it rains the top just becomes slick as being on ice. This area has a slight side ways angle to it and when I was driving up the truck just slid right along the angle right to the side.

Attachments

• LS Tractor Pulling Ram1.jpeg
    LS Tractor Pulling Ram1.jpeg
    720.7 KB · Views: 90