/ Quick Sand! #1  

rockinbbar

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland Powerstar 120, Powerstar 75, New Holland c245
I found some! Literally.

Had over 8 inches of rain recently, and I know enough about this area to use an overabundance of caution before venturing forth. But even so, I get taught better by Mother Nature every couple of years. :LOL:

Q0Ek7tm.jpg

You can tell by the mud mark on the rear tire that I didn't just give it hell and REALLY bury it.

Had to walk a bit, get my other tractor and use some wits to get it out without compounding the problem by sticking both. The tractor I stuck is my 120hp and the one that saved the day is a 75hp... (Much to the embarrassment of it's larger brother.😉)

8OSAxi5.jpg

I know you guys have been stuck before. Let's see how bad! Post up your stuck photo...

This time it wasn't bad, but it could have been. I've done worse.

/ Quick Sand! #2  
Haha, great rescue. Did you have a helper driver? I just stay out of the muck, personally, so never been stuck. Nice sandy soils here, no pressing need to go exploring when it's super wet out. But I'm not a farmer.

/ Quick Sand! #3  
I almost went out yesterday to grab some logs from my pile, but they are in a low area, and I was worried that I might get stuck, so I put it off for a few more days. Too many times I've ruined an entire weekend by trying to do something too soon after a big rain. We got 4 inches last week, and things are still pretty wet.

/ Quick Sand!
Haha, great rescue. Did you have a helper driver? I just stay out of the muck, personally, so never been stuck. Nice sandy soils here, no pressing need to go exploring when it's super wet out. But I'm not a farmer.
Yeah, of a sort... The guy didn't have much experience, and after instruction and a couple of fails, we got it out.

I had him in the stuck tractor. Had to explain the clutch and stepping on the differential lock a couple of times. 😉

/ Quick Sand! #6  
No pictures, 60 years ago, mowing too close to lake I got Grandad's farmall stuck up to the seat. A neighbor tried with his farmall and no luck so I went to a nearby tractor dealer and owner pulled it out with a 1930s John Deere 2 cylinder. Big tractor...running I'm guessing 500 r.p.m.
That's when I saw the farmall was left in gear.
That was the last time I was asked to mow around the lake except with a push mower.

/ Quick Sand!
   / Quick Sand! #9  
My dad stuck his pickup and then his 3910 in a seep from an underground (mostly) spring, on a hill in moderately dry weather. He apparently hit a slick spot with the truck, broke through the crust, and by the time he quit it was in up to the axles. He did the walk of shame hooked on to it with the tractor and stuck the tractor too. At that point he quit and called the guy across town who had a military surplus tank recovery vehicle. After the hour of transit time it popped both of them right out. Dad claims the bill was only like $150. Glad I wasn't there...we would have spent the better part of a day or twowith high lift jacks and cribbing to maybe get them out.
Not real long after that on another piece of property I was bush hogging on a 2wd high crop 5000 near a a little collection pond and hung the bush hog on a staub spun the tires and broke through the crust. One attempt to get out after disconnecting the bush hog. No joy...walk of shame and popped it out with the 7610. It came out without to much trouble because I quit before I buried it.

/ Quick Sand! #10  
We just had 4-5 days of soggy rain preceded by a week of snow, which melted of course. We can’t even get any work done here.
Gonna try today.

1706615689418.jpeg