Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,042  
I’m not a battery car lover, but, I’d rather our billions in tax money be spent subsidizing our own USA EV manufacturing like Tesla, or or whoever, than sending our billions to corrupt Soviet Union Ukraine, or Israel to instigate/prolong foreign wars.
Just my humble opinion

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,045  
It comes software enabled if you order it from the factory is yours and mine is it's according to my understanding.
I didn't see an option for TBC from Tesla. Only that there is a pigtail under the dash for an aftermarket unit.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,046  
I didn't see an option for TBC from Tesla. Only that there is a pigtail under the dash for an aftermarket unit.
I have never popped the receiver hitch cover yet. :)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,047  
I have never popped the receiver hitch cover yet. :)
It has a 7 pin connector supporting trailer brakes but lacks the TBC to engage the brakes unless one is placed on a 4 pin connector under the dash.

Does not have the 4 pin connector used for smaller trailers. You need a 7-to-4 adapter.

I would have greatly preferred an integrated TBC as I have on my F-150.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,048  
It seems to me that the American tax payer is sure
paying a lot of money for what most tax payers don't
want like $7.5 billion plus another $46 million???

As of January 1st, Americans can get up to $7,500 off the sticker price of many of the new electric vehicles eligible for the Inflation Reduction Act's 30D New Clean Vehicle Tax Credit, and up to $4,000 off the price of a used EV for vehicles eligible for the 25E Used Clean Vehicle Credit.

The National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Formula Program and the Charging and Fueling Infrastructure Discretionary Program administered by the Federal Highway Administration and supported by the Joint Office of Energy and Transportation (Joint Office) invests $7.5 billion to build out a convenient and reliable national EV charging network where people live, work and shop.

Today’s announcement of $46.5 million, which will be executed by the Joint Office, builds on this unprecedented federal funding from the President’s Investing in America agenda by making targeted investments in areas requiring critical attention, including:

• EV Charging Resiliency: As transportation electrification accelerates, communities and energy systems must ensure resilient EV charging infrastructure for all users.
  • Community-Driven Models and Workforce Development: Installing EV chargers in or near underserved communities—and creating novel business models that prioritize energy justice—will provide equitable access to clean transportation options for all Americans.
  • EV Charging Performance and Reliability: Increasing commercial capacity for testing and certification of high-power EV chargers and validating real-world performance and reliability will enable a high-quality, safe, and reliable charging experience for all EV drivers.
willy
In the 70's they did the same thing with electricity infrastructure and in the 00's with internet. So it's not a new thing.

Also, if you're gonna get stuck paying for it anyway, why not utilize it?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,049  
It has a 7 pin connector supporting trailer brakes but lacks the TBC to engage the brakes unless one is placed on a 4 pin connector under the dash.

Does not have the 4 pin connector used for smaller trailers. You need a 7-to-4 adapter.

I would have greatly preferred an integrated TBC as I have on my F-150.
I had assumed it was like the one on the F-150, but I know there's not a physical controller on the dash but I thought maybe it was software. Anyway, I'll need to check it out someday.