Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,061  
This will make you want an EV without a doubt
they are sooooo much better than a gas or diesel
car or truck???????????????????????

Electric vehicles have nearly 80% more problems and are generally less reliable than cars propelled by conventional internal combustion engines, according to a new report from Consumer Reports.

willy
Just say things and expect them to go unchallenged?

#1 least expensive 5 years and 10 years is Tesla.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,062  
I’m not a battery car lover, but, I’d rather our billions in tax money be spent subsidizing our own USA EV manufacturing like Tesla, or or whoever, than sending our billions to corrupt Soviet Union Ukraine, or Israel to instigate/prolong foreign wars.
Just my humble opinion
Government has no business (pun, if you noticed) picking winners and losers.

No subsidies to manufacturing. We have ample proof all that has to be done is to quit penalizing, taxing, and "regulating".

Giving money to other countries so they can perpetuate killing each other might be a bargain rather than fighting them ourselves.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,063  
I think Rich is going for a big bang. 🙂

This $3,500 EV could be an awesome transportation for people wanting something for local use.

Yes, I know some of you can't come up with $3,500 so you don't have to go to the trouble to State that.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,064  
I had assumed it was like the one on the F-150, but I know there's not a physical controller on the dash but I thought maybe it was software. Anyway, I'll need to check it out someday.
It would be nice to have a TBC integrated into the software, but it needs a gain control, and a manual brake lever. Gain control can be on the soft screen but just as we have a brake pedal I don't think the manual trailer brake is something that can be put on the LCD.

It is much like my F-150 in that I have a 7 pin but had to buy a dealer-added factory option TBC that required coding into the truck's firmware.

Would be nice if the Tesla has both 7 and 4. I too have not removed the plastic panel but read the owner's manual and bought an adapter. Was headed with motorcycle trailer to a friend's house to haul lawnmower. Then something happened. Then thought to take the F-150 and use his friend's 2-post lift to change oil. Then chickened out not confident I knew where/how to lift from the F-150's frame. Think that settles the debate between 2-post and 4-post, new house gets a 4 post lift.

TMI. I know.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,065  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,066  
No subsidies to manufacturing. We have ample proof all that has to be done is to quit penalizing, taxing, and "regulating".

But our government picks winners/losers and subsidizes all kinds of manufacturing, and services, both with open , obvious subsidies like the EV tax credit, and more so with countless tariffs on foreign goods which in effect is subsidizing the benefacting manufacturer(s).
Add in taxes thrown in by the government on certain industries they want to kill by taxation (like cigarettes) and you’ll see it’s everywhere.
Been that way a long time.
Shouldn’t be this way, but it is

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,067  
I think Rich is going for a big bang. 🙂

This $3,500 EV could be an awesome transportation for people wanting something for local use.

Yes, I know some of you can't come up with $3,500 so you don't have to go to the trouble to State that.

The BMW i3 is a perfect example of arrogant German know-it-all engineers who believe they can design something they have never worked on before without trial and error.

Lots of exotic assembly with carbon fiber. "Renewable components". And no sanity check to prevent selection of uniquely sized tires.

The i3 REx had a 632cc engine powering a genset just exactly like every internet-based armchair-sitting basement-dwelling "expert" knows is the perfect interim solution to The Range Problem.

Oh the hilarity! BMW apparently believed if the REx range was less than the battery range (about 120 miles) then it would be granted full BEV status under CARB rules. So it had a 2 gallon gas tank. BEV status denied. Too late to change production.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,068  
But our government picks winners/losers and subsidizes all kinds of manufacturing, and services, both with open , obvious subsidies like the EV tax credit, and more so with countless tariffs on foreign goods which in effect is subsidizing the benefacting manufactures(s).
Been that way a long time.
Oh, that makes it just fine! "Subsidize the things I want, not the things I don't."

State Capitalism, is the polite term.

Polaris got a potload of money to build a manufacturing facility in Huntsville. As did Toyota (manufactures i4, V6, and V8 engines), Toyota/Mazda (car production line), Facebook (1000 acre server farm), and others. Doesn't make it right.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #18,070  
You know because of your extensive experience with EV's? Puhlease! 😅
It would be similar to me talking about tractors on this forum without ever owning one. :rolleyes:
He says Consumer Reports says but doesn't provide citation. We are expected to trust his honor!

Wooo boy! 80% more problems? Put a gasoline driver in a diesel and just count the number of "issues" the driver has for things which are nothing but dieselisms.

So, I provided a current link and found in 5 and 10 year ownership Consumer Reports finds Tesla to have the lowest cost.