Ford 1700 PTO

/ Ford 1700 PTO #1  

walton

Tractor
Ford 1700/kubota 2230
Is there a way to make the PTO on the Ford 1700 live when the Clutch is engaged. When I engaged the clutch my PTO stops.

/ Ford 1700 PTO #2  
Yes.. pretty easilly, You load the 1700 up, and take it to a dealer that has a 1920, then unload the 1700, drive the 1920 up on the trailer, hand the dealer about 7000$, and then drive home and unload. You now have a 2-stage clutch, and thus, live pto.
Depending on your dealers location, you might be able to do this 'parts swap' in an hour or so.

Soundguy

/ Ford 1700 PTO #3  
thanks soundguy, now I have to clean the pepsi that I just sprayed out of my nose off the screen, and apologise to my 65 year old secretary for saying "bad words" as she walked into my office.:) :)

/ Ford 1700 PTO #4  
If what you are looking for is to not stop a connected implement instantly, you could try getting an over running coupler for the PTO for less than $50.

Guy.

/ Ford 1700 PTO #5  
firemanpat2910 said:
thanks soundguy, now I have to clean the pepsi that I just sprayed out of my nose off the screen, and apologise to my 65 year old secretary for saying "bad words" as she walked into my office.:) :)

Hey.. it's the least I could do.. ( very least! ).

Soundguy

/ Ford 1700 PTO #6  
No, it's totally different transmission innards. But I guess soundguy already said that.

Andy

/ Ford 1700 PTO #7  
I suppose you could use a hydraulic motor to replace the current PTO.

Andy

/ Ford 1700 PTO
Thanks for the replies. I will see if i can find the over running coupler.

/ Ford 1700 PTO #10  
I think the 1700 was avilable with a dual clutch. If you push the pedal down half way it stops the motion of the tractor but the pto is still spinning. When you push the pedal all the way everything stops. If you dont have one you could check on getting one. Probably not cheep but a lot less than a new tractor.