Massey 1033

/ Massey 1033 #12  
For the record, this is what a 31hp Hinomoto looks like.;)

Eugene

Attachments

• 000_0099.jpg
    000_0099.jpg
    591.8 KB · Views: 795
   / Massey 1033 #13  
I bought a tractor exactly like this near Canton, TX. last March 2009. Have had no problems yet. Like you I got it for deer lease. Supposed to be rebuilt front to back. Engine seemed tight. Watch temp gauge carefully till you get used to gears and rpms. Bushogged with mine during the hot weather we had last few weeks up to 4 hours at a time without stopping in heavy brush and did great. Best I can tell from my research it is same as Hinomoto E2304. Manuals I have found are in Japanese. Only complaint I have so far is that it takes forever to add small amount of oil in cap on the valve cover. Will take long time to change oil. I need all the advice I can get. Especially on type of lubricants, hydraulic fluids, etc.

/ Massey 1033 #14  
Pull the dipstick out, then try adding the oil via valve cover cap. I've a E2304 and that was a problem for me also until I saw a post on here somewhere about pulling the dipstick out first.

/ Massey 1033 #15  
Thanks, will try when I need to change oil.

/ Massey 1033 #16  
Has anyone been able to find a service manual to the 2304? I was duped into believing I was getting a good deal for it with a loader, shredder, boxblade and tiller for 5500, just to find out that I couldn't even find an owners manual... Please help if you have found anything about these.

Thanks

/ Massey 1033 #17  
I bought this exact same tractor with the same loader and everything 2 yrs ago. Two days after I bought it I was brush hogging with it (4 ft bh) and a radiator hose blew on it. I thought I shut it down in time but the head gasket was blown. I took it back to where I bought it and they fixed it for me. I have used it a lot for brush hogging on my property and for other people and have used the loader a lot too clearing food plots and moving dirt and gravel. I havent had any major problems. It has a fuel leak on or near the tank I just havent taken the time to fix it. I am happy with the overall performance of this tractor for its size, but like other owners I am worried about finding parts. (I am referring to wild bills posting)

/ Massey 1033 #18  
WB277-yours looks looks mine-- I feel your concerns, I bought mine in greenville from scott and had an issue durring the 90 day warrenty they did fix near caton and when I called both places last month with a question they was gone (both) and now I am looking to fix a fuel leak at the filter assembly but am not sure what I have after reading the other comments--however I have worked mine hard for 75 hours with the bucket and a bulldog backhoe and other than the front tires worn way down it has served me--but--my concern is what did I buy and will it last

/ Massey 1033 #19  
Hi Guys
There is a good reason to find web sites like this one, (before you buy).
And I am not going to beat you up over it. 6 yrs. ago I sat here at this website and read, almost everything I could, and found out that, I would never buy a gray mkt. tractor, yes you might get a good one, but I am not a gambler, gambling away $5500 hard earned dollars, isn't worth it.
You would have been better off with an old vintage 8n , there's parts and manuels for them.

Agco should be told about a rebadged gray, they have the power and $$$$
to go after this company for name infringment. and false advertizing.

/ Massey 1033 #20  
Wildbill..... I feel your pain. I bought an E2004D and now cant get manual and it has a bad oil leak and it is now in several bits in the shed. I had the pleasure of going to sleep last night with the missus bleating about how I had bought a lemon... sucks to be us