Sisal twine not sold 'round here

/ Sisal twine not sold 'round here #1  

bjr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma JM354
There is a lot of hay grown in my area, mostly big corporation type farms. I'm just starting to bale a small couple acres (grass hay) with a old NH 269 and I was surprised that when I visited the local Western Wear/tractor parts store there was no baling twine sold. I started calling the tractor dealerships and finally found one place that had a small supply of poly twine left over. No one stocks baler twine and NO sisal twine. Is sisal twine bad for some reason? I finally ordered a case of sisal twine from Agri-Supply. bjr

/ Sisal twine not sold 'round here #2  
no the sisel twine isnt bad.it will rot on round bales.thus letting them fall apart in some respects.alot use the plastic twine because it wont rot an needs tobe cut off the bales.the plastic twine will never rot an that needs tobe burned.

/ Sisal twine not sold 'round here #3  
   / Sisal twine not sold 'round here #5  
I havent seen sisal in 20 odd years , I did'nt realize they still made it until recently . Knotters were far more fussy with it , Mice love it , Anywhere it touches the floor it rots ......**** stuff

/ Sisal twine not sold 'round here #6  
I havent seen sisal in 20 odd years , I did'nt realize they still made it until recently . Knotters were far more fussy with it , Mice love it , Anywhere it touches the floor it rots ......**** stuff
Mice love poly too.
Leave bales out in the field long enough and you'll find out the hard way.

/ Sisal twine not sold 'round here #7  
Mice love poly too.
Leave bales out in the field long enough and you'll find out the hard way.

In time they will eat anything but not like sisal . I have seen small square bales in barns that every other bale is bust in one season with sisal .

/ Sisal twine not sold 'round here #8  
you need cats