2014 Hay Season

/ 2014 Hay Season #21  
foreman--looking at the weather this morning it's 40% chance and goes to 70% this afternoon and tonight. Hope everyone gets a good soaking of this much needed rain.

Charlie

/ 2014 Hay Season #22  
Nice looking bales. I wish I had enough grass per acre to be worth cutting.

/ 2014 Hay Season #23  
well the rain beat us,so we didnt get the fert put out.i dont think we will bother ferting now.we got 1.6in of rain so far today.

/ 2014 Hay Season
Thanks Jim,wish my monitor had a bale level,so I didn't have to try so hard to keep up how much going into each side,to make sure getting nice bales.
As for rain just got enough settle dust,missed me both north and south had good amounts,atleast got something.

/ 2014 Hay Season #25  
Thank you Lord I got 2.1 inches of much needed rain yesterday.

/ 2014 Hay Season #26  
Is this a good time to spray for weeds? I have more weeds then grass right now and I'm afraid that if I spray to kill the weeds, I'll harm the grass. I have Bermuda and Bahia

Eddie

/ 2014 Hay Season #27  
Sorry to hear about the drought conditions you guys have out west. Here in MA, I haven't been able to get on any of our fields yet due to the precipitation we had this winter and spring. The fields are still a bit on the wet side up here. I was hoping to get to the first cut in June. It's growing real good, hopefully it'll dry out a bit this month.

/ 2014 Hay Season #28  
Broadleaf weed killer doesn't affect grass. It's difficult to kill Bermuda with Glyphosate although it will burn it. I've sprayed Bermuda shortly after haying with Glyphosate to kill the infested Bahia.

/ 2014 Hay Season
Is this a good time to spray for weeds? I have more weeds then grass right now and I'm afraid that if I spray to kill the weeds, I'll harm the grass. I have Bermuda and Bahia

Eddie
No your good Eddie,what you planning on spraying 2-4d?

/ 2014 Hay Season #30  
We got 1.75 in after all was said and done. The first line of storms wasn't much but the second was very nice. They had some serious storms up to the north and west of us.

Charlie