2014 Hay Season

/ 2014 Hay Season
Etexas is right it is a 448. It can go up to a 53" bale. Everything baled is fed here so they get varied anywhere from 48" to as small as 44" depending on the type hay and when it might be fed. Only baling Oats hay and Soybean and Millet mix hay. It's been a great baler so far, twin electric tie, left hand twine adjuster and pickup wheels are about the only options, it rolled 725 bales last year. Thinking of adding bale ramps to keep from backing up so much. We don't see a lot of 5' wide balers around here. Tractor is a '91 model with a 5.9L Cummins turbo only 1500hrs and all original. The ol' girl not going anywhere if I have anything to say about it, air seat, decently long wheelbase and Powershift transmission, it would cost a small fortune to replace. My late FIL bought it new.

Case IH 5140 pulling Amco F17 Disc
http://youtu.be/ZAqSe9cbjLE

Yeah def. A keeper,1500hrs she's barely broke in and looks to be really taking care of. She's don't even break a sweat pulling that baler.

/ 2014 Hay Season
Been busy but got done cut 42acres total and made 101bales.

/ 2014 Hay Season
tackett2.jpgtacket4.jpgtacket3.jpgtackett1.jpgtacket5.jpgtacket6.jpgtacket7.jpg

/ 2014 Hay Season
Got 3 more tons put out friday on the 30acre meadow,the other still have some on it,just cut the rye grass off it only had been on them around 12days before baled it. Maybe get some this rain chances are good.
20acres made 69bales(gave 3away)
7acres made 13bales
15acres made 26bales
33acres made 68bales
That's total so far this year baled...

/ 2014 Hay Season #45  
Your hay fields are producing a lot better than the fields around me. 1/2-3/4 of rd bale is about it where I live.

/ 2014 Hay Season
Your hay fields are producing a lot better than the fields around me. 1/2-3/4 of rd bale is about it where I live.

Jim last year most these places only got cut once,then it turned off hot and I didnt bale a second time,just shredded what little bit was there. Couple had been fertilized and didnt make. So at best im getting back to even,only way going to get ahead this battle,is getting the second cutting with just the one fertilize for both to cut cost. I timed it right on rains getting the fertilizer out,weather stayed alittle cooler kept the rye grass longer and the grass wasnt real tall but thick and that helped out alot on production. Now my bales are 4x5's and weight is around 1,000lbs,some probably heavier,I usually only run about 3.5mph helps get that tight bale with more in it and not beat the heck out me and the equipment on these rough pastures. I will run faster if need to get done in hurry but when I do that when shows full and tells you to stop by the time all said and done im dropping out a 58inch bale.

/ 2014 Hay Season #47  
What rate are you applying ... 50 lbs acre, or more? . . .
400lbs per acre of 24-8-12 on the "horse" hay meadow. About half that much on the "cow" hay.

I haven't cut any this season. Still have a few rolls left from last year.
Provided we get a little rain over the next few days, my first cutting should be in a couple weeks.

/ 2014 Hay Season #48  
Last Spring we got 3 1/2-4 tons per acre on the Oats hay, this year it's more like 2-2 1/2 tons. Harsh Winter and too much drowned out.

That's some good looking hay Etexas.

/ 2014 Hay Season
image.jpg well things went south,didn't get done and now it's raining