Seeding next week for this year.

/ Seeding next week for this year.
I was able to get the field seeded. Here's some shots of the work.

DSCN2971.JPGDSCN2986.JPG

/ Seeding next week for this year. #22  
Beautiful place you have there. Thanks for sharing your pics.

/ Seeding next week for this year. #23  
Thanks for the pics Lynn. We should all hope our tractors are as classically effective as that Drill!!!! :cool:

Thanks for the pics Lynn. We should all hope our tractors are as classically effective as that Drill!!!! :cool:

I sure hope so.

It WAS really dry as you can see from the dust. I seeded/fertilized last Wednesday.

Right now it's snowing hard and about 5" on the ground. Timing was good, I hope we get a change in the weather patterns. It's way to dry for this time of the year.

But, But, the best thing of all is Thursday the 22nd is my last day of work. Then I can join all you retired people. :D

I have also thought about adding the small seed box to the seeder. My bet is John Deere still makes them and it would be nice to have when I need to plant alfalfa.

Last edited:
   / Seeding next week for this year. #25  
I sure hope so.

It WAS really dry as you can see from the dust. I seeded/fertilized last Wednesday.

Right now it's snowing hard and about 5" on the ground. Timing was good, I hope we get a change in the weather patterns. It's way to dry for this time of the year.

But, But, the best thing of all is Thursday the 22nd is my last day of work. Then I can join all you retired people. :D

I have also thought about adding the small seed box to the seeder. My bet is John Deere still makes them and it would be nice to have when I need to plant alfalfa.

That's awesome!!!! Congrats Lynn!!!!! You will be very good at being retired!!!!

Some people suffer in retirement because their jobs were their lives and they have nothing to do. I have a friend that way.

You and I don't have that problem.

I always said "My job isn't my life, it's how I pay for my life".

Congrats again!!!! :cool:

Your seeding timing was perfect. I have some small projects to seed and am thinking I'll do it in about a week if we stay dry.

Thanks Richard,

I don't think it's set in quite yet. I had a hard time sleeping last night knowing I had to work today. I've been on vacation all last week.

It will be so nice to do what I want and when I want, and grow a beard. I have to be clean shaved at work.:mad:

/ Seeding next week for this year. #27  
Thanks Richard,

I don't think it's set in quite yet. I had a hard time sleeping last night knowing I had to work today. I've been on vacation all last week.

It will be so nice to do what I want and when I want, and grow a beard. I have to be clean shaved at work.:mad:

The morning of my last day at work I shaved. I didn't shave again for four months. Not because I necessarily wanted a beard. I was simply not allowed to grow one for 40 years.

Now that I'm settled in I shave 2 or 3 times a week. I don't mind that at all. :)

/ Seeding next week for this year. #28  
Cat, what did you end up seeding? Do you irrigate your field?
I seeded 9 acres with Great Basin Seeds dryland pasture mix back in November based on their recommendation. Nothing has come up yet, but it’s still pretty cold in Cedar City.

Cat, what did you end up seeding? Do you irrigate your field?
I seeded 9 acres with Great Basin Seeds dryland pasture mix back in November based on their recommendation. Nothing has come up yet, but it痴 still pretty cold in Cedar City.

Normally I use the "Prosper Plus" from IFA but when I called, every store said they did not have the seed. So this year I got the 4-way from Steve Regan. It has some different %'s. I hope it is beardless like the Prosper plus.

I do not irrigate but usually get a good cut.

It's been very warm here. (Erda) Until yesterday, now we are back to what I would think is normal. Here is a couple pictures I took last night after work.

DSCN2992.JPG
DSCN2993.JPG

/ Seeding next week for this year. #30  
Hey Lynn,,,, two more days counting today......