Seeding next week for this year.

/ Seeding next week for this year. #32  
:D

That smile is all guys I work with are seeing today.

It's a great feeling. Tomorrow at quitting time your life will go into another phase. Every day becomes an adventure. Takes awhile to realize someone isn't going to take this away from you. It's yours that you deserve. :cool:

/ Seeding next week for this year. #33  
My drill is the same as yours minus the bracket/boards on the back, same width, double disc. Texas Jim would know the model number. I like the galvanized hopper. A real good implement. Really like your barn and your crop. Nice place to stack your wood out of the weather.

/ Seeding next week for this year.
My drill is the same as yours minus the bracket/boards on the back, same width, double disc. Texas Jim would know the model number. I like the galvanized hopper. A real good implement. Really like your barn and your crop. Nice place to stack your wood out of the weather.

I was lucky when I bought the drill, got it from the original owner with the owners manual. It was well taken care of. Every zerk took grease without need of cleaning. The original hitch would not hook to my draw bar so I built a new one. Other than that is has worked flawlessly.

From the get go on building the barn I was going to store the fire wood in there. I've done the --- out on the back porch thing knocking snow off to bring it in the house.....no thanks.

/ Seeding next week for this year. #35  
I only burn wood in my shop. But it's stored under a lean to attached to the shop. I can't do the pile wood outside thing either. Since retiring I've not burned any wood seasoned less than two years.

/ Seeding next week for this year.
Because I don't burn everything I get, I have wood that is at least 15 years old if not more.

I will be moving later this year and I'm still deciding if I want to move all the wood or sell it. It was lots of work getting it, but, it will be lots of working moving it too. That also goes for the hay in the barn and what I cut this year.

I'm going to buy a 30' PJ trailer (gooseneck) in a month or two to help with all the moving. Speaking of the trailer; anyone familiar with the "black wood" deck? I was thinking of getting that option.

/ Seeding next week for this year. #37  
This would be me, if I tried to plant if I even thought about getting into the field right now.

Ruts in field.jpg

/ Seeding next week for this year. #39  
This would be me, if I tried to plant if I even thought about getting into the field right now.

Bummer. You've obviously been wet since last Fall. It's been at least 5 years since we've had a wet Fall.

/ Seeding next week for this year. #40  
Everything I have is in pasture or put into grass/alfalfa last fall. I've been looking at wet fields Since early November. I spoke with a local farmer, and he said don't even think about getting into the fields until 'Derby Weekend'... 1st of May.

I had to take my Architect to the proposed home site, and drove on the pasture early in the morning, and it looked OK. By the time he arrived, the top 2" had thawed and I made ruts. 2 long shallow ruts in an otherwise pristinely (other than moles) smooth pasture. They are along the edge and I will smooth them out as much as possible when I can get in, but MAN, it ticks me off to see them after all I did to smooth that field last fall.

I'm hoping my Orchard/KBG will make a BIG stand this spring. I didn't get to see much of anything last fall, but it got pretty cold quickly after I planted. I hope I didn't lose it and it is all just sitting there in this wet Maury Silt Loam (MIA)! Otherwise, I'll be replanting in May... which might be too late.

(BTW, the pic isn't mine... but would be if I tried to do anything.)