New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #51  
the early model 362 has a small mount bar pad and the latest model has a large mount bar pad (won't interchange) 346XP small mount. 372XP large mount.

just lettin' you know of one of the production changes that screw people up. :mad:

you got .325 & 3/8 pitch saw chain small mount guide bars.

This is probably why Ive had trouble finding a replacement clutch cover for mine. 372xp covers dont fit, the studs are the wrong spacing. Mine says its a 1998 model. I cracked it when it fell off the tractor and the bottom broke off. I still use it but I worry if the chain ever jumped I could get hurt. My part of the state isnt much for saw shops and I've found no one with a good answer - until now! I see you are a dealer can you get me one? :D

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes
the early model 362 has a small mount bar pad and the latest model has a large mount bar pad (won't interchange) 346XP small mount. 372XP large mount.

just lettin' you know of one of the production changes that screw people up. :mad:

you got .325 & 3/8 pitch saw chain small mount guide bars.

My 262xp, 346xp and 55 all have the small mount bars. My 362xp does have the large mount bar. I will be using the 362xp only with the 24 inch 3/8 .058 chain/bar setup. I now have two 24" bars and four chisel chains for it. I got to use the 362xp today on a Red Oak that came down last December in an ice storm. That saw cut beautifully through the 2 foot thick trunk. I slabbed off 5 pieces today like butter. Then I moved on to smaller 4" - 12 " trees with the 346xp that had also come down and needed to be cut up. I am still amazed at how this little saw just screams through wood. I also realize that you cannot let your guard down with it. I'm dying to let my farmer friend try it out. I bet he will go out and buy one too.

This is probably why Ive had trouble finding a replacement clutch cover for mine. 372xp covers dont fit, the studs are the wrong spacing. Mine says its a 1998 model. I cracked it when it fell off the tractor and the bottom broke off. I still use it but I worry if the chain ever jumped I could get hurt. My part of the state isnt much for saw shops and I've found no one with a good answer - until now! I see you are a dealer can you get me one? :D

I wonder if the early model 362xp is the same as the 262xp? What is the width of your bar bolts?

Last edited:
   / New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #54  
I have a 262xp parts saw as does my neighbor. They are significantly different saws from the 362xp.

Ok, it has been a good few weeks since I bought this new 346xp. Here is my opinion of it. This saw is GREAT. It is not for the meek and mild average guy that may be afraid of a chainsaw. It will hurt you if you are not careful. I get so into cutting wood with it that it runs out of gas before I need a break. I have run this saw for hours at a time now and not even think about being sore. It is by far the best investment that I have ever made in a chainsaw purchase.

Last edited:
   / New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #56  
Ok, it has been a good few weeks since I bought this new 346xp. Here is my opinion of it. This saw is GREAT. It is not for the meek and mild average guy that may be afraid of a chainsaw. It will hurt you if you are not careful. I get so into cutting wood with it that it runs out of gas before I need a break. I have run this aw for hours at a time now and not even think about being sore. It is by far the best investment that I have ever made in a chainsaw purchase.

Thanks for the update! You got me wanting one,your comments are similar to how I feel about my little 345,great little saw,not as strong as the 346,as its only 3hp,but its hard to justify trading to a 346,for the amount if time I use it.I ran a tank thru it last week,it lasted over 1/2 hr never shut off,what a great little saw,thanks for making me want a 346 even more..:D

Thanks for the update! You got me wanting one,your comments are similar to how I feel about my little 345,great little saw,not as strong as the 346,as its only 3hp,but its hard to justify trading to a 346,for the amount if time I use it.I ran a tank thru it last week,it lasted over 1/2 hr never shut off,what a great little saw,thanks for making me want a 346 even more..:D

The main difference in your saw and mine is not just the HP, it is the cutting speed of the saw. Once you try one of these, you will be glad that you did. One other thing, keep the chain tightened up. This saw really cranks and will throw the chain if it is loose. I did it on mine when I was cutting up a bunch of 4-6 inch branches. I didn't notice that the chain had gotten loose from my aggresive cutting behavior.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #58  
As you can see I am Brand Biased and only buy Orange Tractors and Orange Chainsaws... Works for me!!

Attachments

• Chainsaw MIll.jpg
    Chainsaw MIll.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 3,527
As you can see I am Brand Biased and only buy Orange Tractors and Orange Chainsaws... Works for me!!

Now that is just discriminatory LOL.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #60  
The main difference in your saw and mine is not just the HP, it is the cutting speed of the saw. Once you try one of these, you will be glad that you did. One other thing, keep the chain tightened up. This saw really cranks and will throw the chain if it is loose. I did it on mine when I was cutting up a bunch of 4-6 inch branches. I didn't notice that the chain had gotten loose from my aggresive cutting behavior.

I know your right,but i do the majority of my cutting with the 372xp,the 346 would be a lot slower in the wood Im cutting,If i cut small stuff,I would be much more tempted...I think id be looking at almost 300 to upgrade....my 345 is like new.