New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #31  
Jim;

yes, you're absolutely right. It's amazing what a difference there is!

BTW, I'm headed to your part of the woods next week for T-giving....I grew up in Uxbridge and the folks are still there.....

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #32  
That is way too far to drive for a test run. I think any good saw place should have some test saws and logs kicking around for people to try out saws on. What better way to sell a saw than by doing that. I would think that once you use it, you own it. I would get that in writing before using it.

I let customers take a saw home to try it...we have a approx 40" log we use here to test and tune a saw but I will NOT allow a customer to run the saw on my property...Insurance frowns on that.:eek:
Most people shopping for saws don't carry chaps, gloves, hard hats and hearing protection with them.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #33  
I have been kicking the tires of new pro saws for about 2 years. My old regular Husqvarna has been a GREAT saw but it is getting pretty old now. It's a 45cc that I bought in 1989 and I have heated my house with wood for all those years using this saw. It still works well but now that I'm buying truckloads of logs I have been itching for a pro Husky saw. This post has pushed me over the edge. I think I know what I'm getting for Christmas!! Can't wait!

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #34  
I have been kicking the tires of new pro saws for about 2 years. My old regular Husqvarna has been a GREAT saw but it is getting pretty old now. It's a 45cc that I bought in 1989 and I have heated my house with wood for all those years using this saw. It still works well but now that I'm buying truckloads of logs I have been itching for a pro Husky saw. This post has pushed me over the edge. I think I know what I'm getting for Christmas!! Can't wait!

Our local farm supply store has a small supply of factory reconditioned Husquvarna 450's for $299. While not a professional series saw, it sure seems like a nice unit for the money!:D:D:D
I sure don't need any more saws but if I did I would probably grab one of those!

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #35  

I set on the fence too for about that long, the little 141 was light and dependable and gave good service for years, I just wanted a saw with more guts without a lot of weight. I got the 346 a couple of months ago and can't get the grin off my face. It's just slightly heavier than the 141, but it goes after the wood like an angry animal. Since I've run about 8 or 10 tanks of gas through it, it has turned into a screamer, cuttin' wood is FUN now. You won't believe the difference till you get the pro saw, trying to explain what it's like to run one is like trying to explain what an **gasm is like to someone that hasn't had one.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes
I let customers take a saw home to try it...we have a approx 40" log we use here to test and tune a saw but I will NOT allow a customer to run the saw on my property...Insurance frowns on that.:eek:
Most people shopping for saws don't carry chaps, gloves, hard hats and hearing protection with them.

You are so right in today's sue society. I forgot all about that. I hope you have them sign a waiver saying that you are not resposible if they cut there head off with your saw.

I set on the fence too for about that long, the little 141 was light and dependable and gave good service for years, I just wanted a saw with more guts without a lot of weight. I got the 346 a couple of months ago and can't get the grin off my face. It's just slightly heavier than the 141, but it goes after the wood like an angry animal. Since I've run about 8 or 10 tanks of gas through it, it has turned into a screamer, cuttin' wood is FUN now. You won't believe the difference till you get the pro saw, trying to explain what it's like to run one is like trying to explain what an **gasm is like to someone that hasn't had one.

Now that is a good way to explain the 346xp. ROLMAO. I just call it a chainsaw on steroids. I've also burned thru about 8 - 10 tanks of gas now. This saw is like day and night compared to my Husky 55. That saw is going on the market soon. I also bought a Husky 362xp yesterday with a 24 inch bar setup for $325.00. I think this is the same saw as my 262XP but a newer version. For the price I couldn't pass it up. I'll be setting this one up with a 20 inch bar while my 262xp has a 28 inch bar on it right now.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #38  
OK, I'll bite....how long has this saw been out?? How heavy is it? What bar lengths can you put on it? It's sounding awful good.....

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #39  
OK, I'll bite....how long has this saw been out?? How heavy is it? What bar lengths can you put on it? It's sounding awful good.....

Its been around a while,at least 8 yrs that I know of.There was a change a few yrs ago,it went from 45cc, to 50cc,it is called the 346XP N.E.,and identified by a silver chain cover.The 346xp is a great handling saw,with an excellent balance of power,weight,very little vibration,and handling.

The NE version is a year old. It has 3.7 HP which is .5 more HP than the older version. It turns 14,700 rpm's vs the older 13,500 rpm's. You can use a 20 inch bar on it. The weight of the powerhead is 11 pounds. Try one and you will buy one.