hydraulic hoses

/ hydraulic hoses #2  
Hi Evefryone

was just wondering how many hydraulic hoses would someone need to replace in a given year?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Doesn't that depend on the type and age of equipment. As well as how it is operated, wether it is stored outside in the sun, etc????

Kinda hard to answer a question like this.

/ hydraulic hoses #3  
no way of stating a clear answer.

if ya gave more detail of what is going on, then something might be able to be figured out and get things fixed.

/ hydraulic hoses #4  
Kind of a dumb question. Depends upon your equipment. If you've got a newer machine, none. As the machine ages, the probability of need for a hose replacement increases. On an older machine, maybe 1 or 2. Since you're in the business, you should know the life expectancy of any particular type of hose in an "outside" environment from manufacturer's data. The hoses I've replaced, I never expect to replace them again in my lifetime.

/ hydraulic hoses #6  
I have a backhoe that would need lots of them :mad: and I just finished plumbing for TnT and a grapple, about 35 +/- feet :confused2: gave up trying to keep track. I buy as I need them...

Last edited:
   / hydraulic hoses
the reason i ask i am curious if the farmer would be interested in purchasing bulk coil of hydraulic hose and fittings and then when a hose blows cut the hose to length and bring the right fittings to anybody locally that has a crimper that can crimp up a hose for you. it would save the customer a lot of money

i have seen bulk hydraulic hose and fittings on an online website that sells hose and fittings this way and i was wondering would farmers buy hose this way.

for example princess auto has a chain of stores in canada and they sell bulk hydraulic hose and i was wondering who they sell it to

i was just wondering if there is much usage of hydraulic hose for any given farm

Come on guys, "Advertiser"... you like TBN, right?

I have a backhoe that would need lots of them :mad: and I just finished plumbing for TnT and a grapple, about 35 +/- feet :confused2: gave up trying to keep track.