hydraulic hoses

/ hydraulic hoses #23  
Simple ... its an open public forum and everyone is welcome especially advertisers ... TBN loves the revenue.
...but if he is giving "bad" information. Even if he is paying, That is not a good thing. Correct me if I'm wrong...

/ hydraulic hoses #24  
the reason i ask i am curious if the farmer would be interested in purchasing bulk coil of hydraulic hose and fittings and then when a hose blows cut the hose to length and bring the right fittings to anybody locally that has a crimper that can crimp up a hose for you. it would save the customer a lot of money

I don't know if he's giving BAD information, but is it usefull........:confused3:

I certainly understand someone that's wanting to save money, lord knows we all do......but anyone that has spent the $$$$$ for hose/fitting materials has a way to put them together (or should).......

Let's not forget it's not just putting a crimp on the hose that gets the job done.....it has to fit on the machine too.....so that means someone has to have to inventory of fittings to be ready PDQ to fullfill that need......

Would a repair shop/parts store with a major investment want to just crimp ends on.....he assumes the responsibility of those ends to hold.......he'll have to get proper crimp specs from the hose/fitting manufacturer and adjust is machine accordingly (if he has the right dies).......besides the liability, the aggravation if it blows off ruins his reputation anyway......the hose guy is not just crimping, he's fabricating a "Factory Spec Hose"......

When's the last time any of you guys went to a restauant and brought your own steak/potatoes/beer........"Aw Just throw it on Medium Rare".......you either let them make dinner for you or stay home and cook it yourself.....

Getting back to the OP selling someone a reel of hose and a few boxes of fittings sounds like a great sales pitch but a HUGE problem when it's a broken down machine/tractor.......It's still dead.......

/ hydraulic hoses #25  
I don't know if he's giving BAD information, but is it usefull........:confused3:

I certainly understand someone that's wanting to save money, lord knows we all do......but anyone that has spent the $$$$$ for hose/fitting materials has a way to put them together (or should).......

Let's not forget it's not just putting a crimp on the hose that gets the job done.....it has to fit on the machine too.....so that means someone has to have to inventory of fittings to be ready PDQ to fullfill that need......

Would a repair shop/parts store with a major investment want to just crimp ends on.....he assumes the responsibility of those ends to hold.......he'll have to get proper crimp specs from the hose/fitting manufacturer and adjust is machine accordingly (if he has the right dies).......besides the liability, the aggravation if it blows off ruins his reputation anyway......the hose guy is not just crimping, he's fabricating a "Factory Spec Hose"......

When's the last time any of you guys went to a restauant and brought your own steak/potatoes/beer........"Aw Just throw it on Medium Rare".......you either let them make dinner for you or stay home and cook it yourself.....

Getting back to the OP selling someone a reel of hose and a few boxes of fittings sounds like a great sales pitch but a HUGE problem when it's a broken down machine/tractor.......It's still dead.......

Well said Bill!
Some sales people are a special breed....they are good at learning numbers in a catalog.....hydraulic hose is a little different than "vacuum hose"...
I went to auto dealer 4 years ago....a very nice sales guy showed me the car...very knowledgeable about all the numbers....2 month later I went to the flooring store to buy hardwood floor....a young salesman took well care of me....very knowledgeable about all the numbers etc.....it was the same guy that a talked to at the auto dealer ship.....I totally lost trust to the guy....

/ hydraulic hoses #26  
...but if he is giving "bad" information. Even if he is paying, That is not a good thing. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I can not correct you ....Bad info is never a good thing. Still remains, until TBN puts the brakes on him ... well he is entitled to post.

/ hydraulic hoses #27  
I can not correct you ....Bad info is never a good thing. Still remains, until TBN puts the brakes on him ... well he is entitled to post.

Good Point.....He's entitled to post even if he wasn't a site supporter..:thumbsup:

/ hydraulic hoses #28  
blueriver said:
Simple ... its an open public forum and everyone is welcome especially advertisers ... TBN loves the revenue.

Just because someone pays does not give them the right to post incorrect information.

Edit that. He has the right to post anything he likes. I also have the right to point out his inaccuracies.

/ hydraulic hoses #29  
Just because someone pays does not give them the right to post incorrect information.

Edit that. He has the right to post anything he likes. I also have the right to point out his inaccuracies.

Absoultly ... and alot of times thats what makes a post so darn interesting ... one guy says this, another says this and as readers we follow along and watch to find out the true outcome.

/ hydraulic hoses #30  
Absoultly ... and alot of times thats what makes a post so darn interesting ... one guy says this, another says this and as readers we follow along and watch to find out the true outcome.
before we even get close to "true outcome", it can be quite a long thread sometimes....

At the end of the day, there is a lot said, but not a lot is "backed up" as facts, and even more important for each one here....the verifications and acceptances of what is "true outcome"....

Most is just opinions, point of views, perspectives, stand points, IMO's, on the other hand's, each way's, more or less's, thought's, believe's, wonder's, as far as I know's, have no idea's, :thumbsup:'s, :D's, :laughing:'s, :)'s, etc etc....

Anyway, UnitedHose sent the vacuum guy to sell online hose, he started with
Hi Evefryone
and kept on with
was just wondering how many hydraulic hoses would someone need to replace in a given year?
...which probably came from the executive room upstairs....
Now he is stuck and have now tech support yet...
United_hose_tech_resources.jpg

Also, since polls are not allowed here at TBN, he kinda lost his only reasonable tool to find out

i was just wondering if there is much usage of hydraulic hose for any given farm

Some times a poll can help to find out the "true outcome"......