New Member - Please check my rear remote install.

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #11  
Welcome

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #12  
Welcome

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install.
Thanks again for the advice. I will try to hook everything up this week and post my progress.

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #14  
Andy:

JJ had it right: connect your new valve into the circuit where it is most convenient. If you can avoid disturbing metal lines, so much the better. If it is properly configured, the Woods block is probably the best solution.

I don't think the port you uncovered on the top of the FEL valve is power beyond for several reasons: 1. You said the tractor had one rear remote, which suggests that it feeds from the FEL valve, and if so it is almost certain that the FEL valve already has power beyond and that there is a power beyond line going from the FEL valve to the distribution block you show below the footrest (if there is already one power beyond line leaving the FEL valve, you can TEE into it to create a second one); 2. even if there is no remote, the three point hitch surely feeds from the FEL valve, and that alone suggests power beyond in the FEL valve; 3. if that were a power beyond port, it would have been connected to the hydraulic distribution block or perhaps TPH with a line. It is possible, though very unlikely, that the FEL valve is designed for power beyond but does not have it; if so and you can find how to add power beyond (usually by installing a special fitting in the port or a pipe plug inside the port), then you can create power beyond.

I am not sure the hydraulic block you got from Woods is designed for power beyond. Many of the frame mount backhoes do not have a power beyond valve (or at least do not activate power beyond in their valves) so that only two hoses are needed to hook up the backhoe; that is because the only hydraulic valve downstream of the backhoe is the TPH, which is not used while the BH is attached. So you may find that the Woods hydraulic block has only two ports; if so, it is not suitable alone for power beyond which, as JJ said, is necessary for your new Prince valve. If the Woods block is two port, the port that would have gone to the inlet on the BH valve will go to the inlet on your Prince valve, and the port that would have gone to the outlet on the BH valve will have to go to the power beyond port on the Prince valve because that port on the Woods block is the source of high pressure fluid for the TPH from the BH valve if there were one, or in your case from the new Prince valve.

That means you will have to connect (a TEE is fine) the outlet port on the Prince valve into a line on the tractor that feeds directly into the tank/reservoir. There should be a tank line available at the OEM remote valve. One of the two lines on the hydraulic block going to the rear of the tractor (probably to the OEM remote) should be a tank line and the other line should be a power beyond line. And there should be a tank line between the FEL valve and the hydraulic block.

If the lines are not marked, you can determine which is which by feel. When the tractor is running, but all valves are in neutral (FEL, OEM remote), the hydraulic fluid flows only through the power beyond lines; it reaches the tank through the TPH valve. Therefore, if you start the tractor and feel the lines as the hydraulic fluid warms, the lines that get warm are the power beyond lines. THe lines that remain at air temperature (until the general activity of the tractor warms everything up a bit) will be the tank lines.

For a check, if the FEL valve has a float setting, when you select float on most valves the fluid is directed to the line going to the tank. At that point, the power beyond line will begin to cool (because no fluid is flowing through it) and the tank line will begin to warm. IF there is no float position, you can accomplish almost the same thing by constantly raising and lowering the booms on the loader; while that is happening all the flow out of the FEL valve is through the tank circuit and almost none is flowing through the power beyond circuit, so the tank lines will be much warmer than the power beyond lines.

Good luck and keep us posted.

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #15  
OOPS!

When I said: "(if there is already one power beyond line leaving the FEL valve, you can TEE into it to create a second one)" I meant to say " (if there is already one power beyond line leaving the FEL valve, you CANNOT TEE into it to create a second one)"

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #16  
I changed my post a little after getting the hyd diagrams from Messicks.

Your loader valve does have PB. Seven lines. 4 with QD for the loader cyl, and three from the hyd block to the loader, Supply, return, and PB.

You probably removed the line from the 3pt to install the remote valve
in series, but you should have ran a line from the remote valve PB to the 3pt input.

Riding Tailboard , You said..

1. I Purchased the Prince 3 spool 1 detent and 2 spring centering, open center w/ power beyond. At this time I do not need the PB should I install the PB adapter and then Plug it or install the plug as shown in the last picture?

The PB from the remote is the large hex bolt in the last picture of the blue valve.

If you want a convenient BH QD to plug into, just run a hose from the remote valve PB to the back with a male QD.

Make a short jumper to plug into the PB QD at the back, and then into the IN port of the 3pt

When using BH, plug the BH into the rear male QD supply line, and run the OUT from the BH valve to a return hose, or directly to tank. When this hose is connected to BH, you lose 3pt.

When not using the BH, re-connect the jumper hose, and you will have 3pt again.

What is the purpose of the small lever on the hyd diverter block?

Your tractor primary relief is located on the diverter block.

NH TC40

Attachments

• TC tractor.png
    TC tractor.png
    455.9 KB · Views: 574
  • TC tractor1.png
    TC tractor1.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
   / New Member - Please check my rear remote install.
Thanks for so much good information I really appreciate the help. Currently though I find myself thoroughly confused, and seem to be outdriving my headlights . I think I need some time to think about all of this and try again.

I do not have a OEM remote. Sorry for the confusion.

So far I have not hooked up the new valve at all, i have installed it on the tractor but have not connected any lines or disconnected any.

I will take a picture of the Woods hyd block and illustrate the way I think you are telling me to hook this up.

I will try to post them today or tomorrow.

Andy

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #18  
On my B2710-Not knowing any better I installed tee's in the IN (pressure) and OUT (return) ports of the loader valve (loader valve not very accessible). I then routed those two hoses to the new rear remote valve. Works for me.
Dennis

/ New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #19  
L355SS

Are you sure you put tee's in the pressure line?

If you did that, the fluid would find the path with the least resistance, so when you tried to operate one function, the fluid would go the other route.

However if the other route did have a blockage of some kind, QD, etc, then the first circuit would build up pressure.

Can you give us a detailed explanation of your hookup?

Last edited:
   / New Member - Please check my rear remote install. #20  
Thanks for so much good information I really appreciate the help. Currently though I find myself thoroughly confused, and seem to be outdriving my headlights . I think I need some time to think about all of this and try again.

I do not have a OEM remote. Sorry for the confusion.

So far I have not hooked up the new valve at all, i have installed it on the tractor but have not connected any lines or disconnected any.

I will take a picture of the Woods hyd block and illustrate the way I think you are telling me to hook this up.

I will try to post them today or tomorrow.

Andy

I am not sure you know this, but your loader valve is a Prince LVS loader valve, with no relief. Why no relief, because there is one on the hyd block. The port with the bolt out, is the relief port, but is not used. It is just a plugged port.

The Prince valve does have two PB ports, and only one is being used.

I will see if I can label the lines from the valve.

I think you are trying to confuse me, as I see a blue Prince valve installed and hoses connected.

Have you already hooked things and things did not work?

http://www.princehyd.com/Portals/0/products/valves/LVManual.pdf

PSGE 5 PRIMCE LVS VALVE

Attachments

• PRINCE LVS.png
    PRINCE LVS.png
    902.6 KB · Views: 240
Last edited: