function of knob?

/ function of knob? #1  

budepps3760

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810
I have a 2000 Mahindra 2810 and I have no idea what the function of this knob is for. Unfortunately it is written with Korean characters with the exception of "fast" and "slow". I believe it has something to do with the hydraulics as it is right above where I added hydraulic fluid when I changed all fluids when I purchased it last year. Any idea what the function of the knob is for?

Mahindra 2810 hydraulic knob 001.jpgMahindra 2810 hydraulic knob 002.jpgMahindra 2810 hydraulic knob 003.jpgMahindra 2810 hydraulic knob 004.jpg

/ function of knob? #2  
I have a 2000 Mahindra 2810 and I have no idea what the function of this knob is for. Unfortunately it is written with Korean characters with the exception of "fast" and "slow". I believe it has something to do with the hydraulics as it is right above where I added hydraulic fluid when I changed all fluids when I purchased it last year. Any idea what the function of the knob is for?

View attachment 399209View attachment 399210View attachment 399211View attachment 399212

From the looks of your picture it appears to be the control knob for your 3 point hitch. It controls the rate, either faster or slower, of lowering your 3 point hitch. Very handy for certain implements.

/ function of knob?
Would you use a faster/slower rate using a box blade. disc harrow or bush hogging? I could see using a slower descent rate if using an auger but I am having difficulty in thinking of a use for the above mentioned functions. Would the preferred lifting/lowering knob position be in the fast or slow location?

/ function of knob? #4  
For heavy implements like a box blade, or one with a lot of leverage like a brush cutter, slower (within reason) is what I use. The speed the implement drops doesn't have a major impact on how the tool works, it's just that with the know full open the implement tends to slam into the ground.

/ function of knob? #5  
For most implements, it wont matter how you set it, they can take a slam dunk to the ground but if you want to be gentle on them, turn it clockwise (when facing the knob) to slow down the rate of descent. Don't turn it too far or the 3PH wont go down at all. That knob is the first thing to check if you have trouble with the 3 PH raising too slow or not going down. I keep mine set for a med/fast fall.

/ function of knob? #6  
It is the common descent rate knob for the 3Pt. hitch.. If you put a lightweight implement on the 3pt, it may not fall toward the earth fast enough to suit you. If that is the case then adjust the knob to allow the implement to fall (by gravity) at the rate you desire. Likewise if you place a heavier implement on the 3pt after make the previous adjustment, it is likely to fall too fast, so readjust the knob to adjust the fall rate of the heavier implement. The knob simply adjusts the size of an orifice that allows hydraulic fluid coming out of the 3pt hydraulic cylinder to flow back to the "tank". This adjustment in no way affects the speed of raising the 3pt, only the lowering speed.

/ function of knob? #7  
That knob has two functions.

TO use it for transport, turn the knob full right to lock the hydraulics for the down position.

It is also use for speed of descent, or rate of drop.

The raise speed is determined by the 3pt lever.

/ function of knob? #9  
Also be sure to remember it when your 3pt doesn't work.

My son would apparently place his foot real close to it and managed to turn it all the way to stop several times. Very frustrating.

/ function of knob?
Why would you want to lock it down during transport?