Any 3320's WITHOUT problems?

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #1  

Killer_B

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
After selling my rock solid 325 hr. Kubota B7610 (24 HP) and searching for a 30+ HP replacement, I have decided that the 3320 is my favorite, hands down. I absolutely love this tractor.

I even worked out a decent deal with 2 local dealers. I just have one hesitation- from reading this board it seems that the 3X20 series is riddled with problems from leaky front axle seals, to faulty rockshaft valves, to flaky tachometers and fuel gauges, to strange HST and power steering gremlins, just to name a few.

I also have a good deal negotiated on a Kubota B3030 package with a great dealer that I know. And I know from experience that the Kub will almost certainly be solid. My last two actually got better with age. The only complaints I find on TBN on the B3030 were lousy seats and excess vibration in the early production units. Both problems are long gone.

But I just can't get excited about the Kubota after test driving the JD.

So my question is this: Are all 3X20 tractors cursed? Was that just the early production tractors? Am I getting a skewed view of the matter? Is there anyone out there with 500 or 1,000 hours on one of these tractors that did NOT have problems?

Thanks!!

Nick

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #2  
How does a tractor get better with age? Did you have a few problems at first, and then no problems? I have a 3320 ordered myself. I hope to have only minor issues. I have a 2520 that I bought in March of 06. It was a new model and had a few issues. They seem to be getting better. I also bought a new xuv gator and it had problems from the get-go, so I got rid of it. I don't know how long the 3320 has been out, just hoping most of the bugs are worked out. JC

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems?
RollTideRam said:
How does a tractor get better with age? JC

The engine got smoother and easier on fuel after the first 100 hours or so. The range selector, throttle, etc. went from somewhat stiff to buttery smooth. After about 200 hours the engine, hydro and controls seemed to have broken in very nicely.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #4  
Killer_B

I have a 3120 with about 110-120 hours and have never had any problems.
I really do believe she's getting better with age.

Malvern

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems?
Thanks Malvern. That's encouraging.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #6  
I have 90+ hours on my 3520 with absolutely zero problems.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #7  
I only have about 24 hours on mine mostly loader work and brush hogging.but I love it so far, very powerfull machine

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #8  
I have a 1 yr. old 3320 with about 110 hrs. of bushogging, snow removal, and such. I've only had a tachometer problem which was fixed by the dealer at my home (whole instrument cluster replaced). Overall, I am very happy with my purchase!

Mike

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #9  
My 3320 cab model has around 260 hrs. with no problems at all. Loader,forks,mmm,box blade,trimmer, and I've put mine to the test. Problem I've had is keeping it clean.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #10  
I have the precursor (4310) with about 350 hours. Been kept outside for the 1st 4 years and now in the barn. I have had to replace a rear wheel seal which was not fun or easy. So far, the front seals are holding up fine. I've also put a new seat (due to being outdoors) and a new battery.

I still love it, glad I bought it, and would buy another. I would probably move up to a 3720 as I could use the extra ponies.