Any 3320's WITHOUT problems?

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #11  
My 2+ year old 3520 w/ just over 400 hrs and has been virtually problem free. Did have the problem where I broke off the loader bucket bracket tab but that part was replaced due to a design flaw and not going to happen on a new one.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #12  
I have 35 hrs on my JD 3320. The only problem I've detected is some weirdness in the fuel gauge. It seems to not register between 1/4 to 3/4 very well. Relatively minor complaint. But I won't haul it in to a dealer unless that's the only thing wrong when I approach the end of the warranty period. Otherwise, the tractor has been a pleasure to own and operate.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems?
Thanks for the replies fellas.

I am a step closer to taking the plunge, but still don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling. It looks like there are about 4 guys who have problem free tractors (so far), and at least twice that many who have problematic experiences ranging from nuisances to serious issues. Not a terribly encouraging ratio. But then again this is not scientific, and life itself is a bit of a gamble.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #14  
Killer_B said:
Not a terribly encouraging ratio. But then again this is not scientific, and life itself is a bit of a gamble.

Yeah, keep in mind A LOT of people who have problem just come hear to seek help. While doing your research, not the total # of post's the complainer has...you will see a lot of them with very low post counts, they sign up-ask for help and then are never heard from again. This happens with all the colors in all the forums.

I am quite sure there have been thousands and thousands of these machines made, and there may be 50 or so people registered here who have them?

I think the main thing to have, no mater what color you decide on is GOOD DEALER SUPPORT! All makes and models have issues and growing pains on a new series machines, but it's the dealer in the end that makes you feel good:D

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #16  
Killer B,

I have had four mid frame JD compacts, three of them the 3000 series machines. I have also owned one large frame compact and other JD equipment. I also own an XUV diesel Gator, and unlike JB, have had no problems with mine. There is no better compact on the market than the JD 3000 series, period. I am not claiming that JD equipment is better (although I think it is) but it certainly on average is among the top performers and most reliable equipment out there. Some forums mention that JD as a company does not have an interest in compacts, which is simply untrue. JD sells many compacts, as realizes quite well their importance in the market. There are no problems of which I am aware regarding the 3000 series machines. My good friend manages a large dealer and gets me equipment regularly. He rarely, if ever, sees any significant problem with these machines. If there is a problem, JD insists it be fixed. They do not want to lose customers to other manufacturers. I am talking about personal knowledge of a sample over 1000 tractors in active and in many cases frankly abusive use. I will say if you like the JD product, but are having ANY reservation about durability, I would erase that from thought. These are bulletproof machines, that will last a customer years.

John M

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems?
Thanks John,

I hope you are right about that. Because my next tractor will be my last, and I would rather not have to deal with constant repairs, warranty or otherwise. And I'm about to swing a deal on a 3320.

Thanks again,

Nick

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #18  
I have a JD 3720 w/ cab, 200 hours just less than one year old. I had initial leak in the air box over the cab and unable to get good cab heat when temp fell to near freezing. There was a gap in the rear corners of the air box which were sealed and resolved the issue. No other repairs what so ever. I do believe the fuel gauge problem has been mentioned by several people. It seems to be hit/miss issue. I have had 2 prior kubotas and they were very reliable. The JD so far has been good.

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #19  
I own a 3720 cab tractor with 500 hr's on it and have had no prob's.I have own a 950,455,4200,4400 and have put more than 5000 hr's on them and have only been in the 3 times for littie things like brake adjustments.the farm I worked at could not get more than a 100 hr's before a major breakdown on there 2 kubota tractors

minimax

/ Any 3320's WITHOUT problems? #20  
Killer B -

It is my firm belief that dealer support is everything and if you don't have it what ever make you purchase could give you an ulcer.

I have a John Deere Dealer just 3 miles away and the owner's home is between my house and his dealership. He's never hesitated to service the used stuff I purchased from him (and abused severely). In fact, he picks up and delivers at no cost. He is the best, and that's why I took delivery of a new 3320 last month. I've done some shredding, excavating and loading without so much as a hic-up.

The little rascal with it's 12 speed power-reverser has so much power I told a friend of mine I could dig swimming pools with it, so for the last week I've been digging-out Mesquite trees. I've had this tractor on it's nose with one wheel in the air and have brought full bucket loads out of stump holes so deep and steep that the only thing the neighbors could see was the box blade and my hat as I worked.

You will not be disappointed with this tractor, it is in my opinion the best model JD makes.

Enjoy....!!:D