Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #21  
I might also mention that I think Laurin makes a cab for the 4000 series tractors that allow you to use a backhoe too. Not sure if Deere's cab can do that.

It can, the rear window flips up for this purpose.

Also the ehydro works great just needs a little getting used to, I am thinking about buying a new 4720 series now and it will be an ehydro too.

If it's a 4720 with factory cab you won't have a choice anyway. :)

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #22  
Do you want the cab mostly for summer or winter comfort? If summer, then I suggest you go with a good canopy which is nearly as effective for comfort under the hot sun and has the following advantages over a cab: much lower cost, ease of removal for overhead clearance or forrest use, less obstructed view, No hp consumption (AC), compatibility with backhoe, lower center of gravity, less expensive to maintain. No help in the winter unfortunately. Also, I understand your preference for the PR trans. I also had a hydro once and I like the PR a lot better. It is nice to have the ability to put almost all of your power to the ground without the losses associated with a hydro. Hydros have their place for lawnmowing and loader work, but not for ground engaging tasks which I do much of. I also like the PR in the cold winter as you dont notice the difference in performance when it is way below zero, or 100 degrees outside. Hydros can be sluggish in the cold. You have a heck of a tractor in that 4120, open station, PR. I have not had any issues in (4) years of hard use with mine.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series
Hello wolc

I am looking for a cab during the winters out plowing snow. I have had a JD 5203 with a canopy and it worked great in the summer but am looking for a cab solution in the winter.

I love my 4120 PR!!

John

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #24  
If you check the Laurin site I believe the 4000 series cabs are on clearance. I'd sure like to see one on a 3000 series. They look almost as good as factory and work with a 448 hoe.

Matt:D

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #25  
Yeah Laurin would be my choice if I had to buy an aftermarket cab for a JD. Pricey though.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #26  
Yeah Laurin would be my choice if I had to buy an aftermarket cab for a JD. Pricey though.

VERY Pricey....especially when you factor in the "Reduced Resale" value, Difference between the "interior quality", and the fact the aftermarket units have no A/C
Of course, the OP has no choice with his 110, but slapping an aftermarket cab on any 3x20 or 4x20 is a loose loose proposition....you end up with a cab/tractor combo that cost just as much as the factory offering and NOBODY will give you as much for it on resale or trade as they would on a factory cabbie...

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #27  
I have 4320 cab/hydro cab is the best I have sean. Having a hard time getting used to hydro. Would have bought P/R trany In a heart beat. After market cab's don't have JD quality or look's. You would think JD would sell what customers want.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #28  
VERY Pricey....especially when you factor in the "Reduced Resale" value, Difference between the "interior quality", and the fact the aftermarket units have no A/C

Laurin has optional AC. ;)

Anyway my tractor has a factory cab. What I meant was that if I had a JD model for which no factory cab is available I would choose Laurin. It's the best looking aftermarket cab among all those I've seen even though I still prefer the factory cab. However the Laurin cab has a few pieces of equipment that in my opinion are better than those offered with JD factory cabs: better quality wipers and side windows that open. I find it a little annoying being forced to use AC full-time and having to open cab doors every time I need to speak to someone outside the tractor in summertime and driving around with the rear window open is not practical.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #29  
You would think JD would sell what customers want.

Sometimes a manufacturer needs to adjust to market. While the JD factory cab is imho one of the best looking of all factory cabs a frequent complaint is the lack of side windows that open. Most other factory cabs have them so it's obvious that many people want them. JD claims better visibility without the windows but I have not noticed much of a difference in this regard in comparing modern cabs but maybe that's because clearing snow keeps side windows caked with salt residue so you can't see much through them anyway lol.

Speaking of which, I would strongly recommend to all manufacturers that they either offer a side wipers option on their cabs or enough cab space to carry a squeegie and bucket :D

Seriously, storage space in cabs would be welcome. JD is one of the worst in this regard.

/ Aftermarket Cab for Deere 4x20 series #30  
Laurin has optional AC. ;)

Have you seen it? I'm all set with the R/V type bolt on monstrosity...plus once you add that on top of the cab, it no longer fits in a 9' high door (our L2900/Laurin just BARELY fits)

Karl2 said:
Anyway my tractor has a factory cab. What I meant was that if I had a JD model for which no factory cab is available I would choose Laurin.

Mine too...and I agree, The Laurin is the only one I'd consider...

Karl2 said:
Sometimes a manufacturer needs to adjust to market. While the JD factory cab is imho one of the best looking of all factory cabs a frequent complaint is the lack of side windows that open.

I think what kills that for us is the actual SIZE of the complete Cab...to add in windows, you'd need to either make the doors smaller or the cab longer... I personally think the cab is big enough as it is (relative to the tractor size)
I do agree though, a little extra space in the cab would be nice, I'd just like a place to put my gloves & hat....