New JD subcompact

/ New JD subcompact #21  
Richard, your comments while patriotic, don't ring true. Many countires have added various technologies to many areas including tractors. Germany introduced diesel technology. Some of the finest lathes and tooling machines have and continue to be produced in Japan, they are certainly not copies. JD uses front drives from Italy on its larger equipment . Arguably the finest hydrostatic drives and diesels for compacts are on Kubota's tractors, made by Kubota, JD's have used many 3rd party vendors like Eaton for hydrostatic drives, Yanmar for engines. JD has had some wonderful ideas and produced some of the finest equipment available, much of it incorporating various parts from all over the world. I myself while patriotic, also give credit where credit is due, like most of us here. Tell Chalkley his EarthForce is a copy of American technolgy, I suspect you might get some argument

/ New JD subcompact #22  
Re: New JD subcompact *DELETED*

Post deleted by cowboydoc

/ New JD subcompact #23  
Don't forget that many of the inventions that were developed in the US were done by engineers/inventors that came to America from other countries because they had a better opportunity to see their ideas materialize. So many after being able to prove their inventions brought them back to their home countries.

/ New JD subcompact #25  
Thanks for the picture, this is the first good look I've had at the MF GC 2300 since I've first heard of the tractor in June..

Made my rounds of the various tractor dealers today. The MF dealer has two GC 2300 on order since june but has not seen any tractor as of yet an no literature...

The J. D. dealer has a 2210 on order but received notice last week that it maybe December for delivery...

The Kubota dealer isn't looking for the new BX 1500 before the first of the year...

But the day was not a total loss since I found a chipper and pallet fork to fit my FEL.. Got to sleep on it but think I going to buy them both...

/ New JD subcompact #26  
What if I was to tell you that the MF2300 is a rebadged Kubota BX? Would you still like it better? Notice the boomerang pedal, notice the ROP, notice the front frame, notice the brake and it's position, notice the seat, the fuel tank, notice the --never mind.
You know guys, Yannamr rebadges as John Deere, John Deere has been reputed to use some Kubota engines, Massey Ferguson is a conglomeration of suppliers one of which may just happen to be--the BIG ORANGE. Well, I certainly like MF's slick styling of their BX and the red paint sure looks nice. My sisters husband hates Fords, he bought a Mazada, it has Ford stickers all over it and in it and under it. You really have to hate Kubota to buy a red BX. J

/ New JD subcompact #27  
The MF GC2300 is definately not made by Kubota. Similar styling but it is made by Iseki. Thanks for the comments.

/ New JD subcompact #28  
Looking at the specs, it definitely doesn't look like a Kubota BX clone. Their promo states the engine is by Iseki. They call the tractor a sub-compact - a hybrid between a compact tractor and a large garden tractor.

The engine displacement is 68.5 cu. in., developing 22.5 eng.18.7 PTO HP at 2600 RPM.

It also appears to be a wee-bit bigger an heavier then the Kubota BX tractor.

http://www.masseyferguson.agcocorp.com/

The Kubota is 54.8 cu. in.,developing 22.0 eng. 16.7 PTO HP at 3200 RPM

http://www.kubota.com/subcompact.cfm

/ New JD subcompact #29  
Yes, I actually knew that and I believe that you are correct. I am not one to miss an opportunity to point out some very clonish points of the MF and the new JD to the BX. Only to be expected, only so much you can do with a seat and four wheels given the parameters they must work within and the basic dimensions of a subcompact machine more or less. Now let's find out a little about Iseki now that you ruined my joke.
Yes, that new MF and the new JD look like excellent machines from the pictures, cannot wait for you guys to be able to get a hold of a few of them. Good luck, sounds exciting. J

/ New JD subcompact #30  
Re: New JD subcompact at Deerefield Fair, NH

Marko
1) No pets allowed at the fair. (No beer, either!)/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif
2) Rosenkrantz has the 2210 on display.
(On a trailer with a detached loader)
No price information and I could not find a salesperson
to help.

Went up today before the rain.

Wished I brought my camera.

If the 2210 is to compete against the BX then
IMHO, the 2210 will win. Hands down, no contest,
it's obvious when you size up the two machines.
Makes the BX really look like a large garden tractor.
It's a much nicer toughter looking machine.
I've had my BX for almost two years and I
am happy with it, for what I bought it for.
I firmly believe that JD will make in-roads with the