New JD subcompact

/ New JD subcompact #11  
Mark,

Which fair would likely have more tractor displays? Also barns?

I'm in W. Newbury, MA and both are close by.

/ New JD subcompact #12  
Funny , I grew up in Merrimac , Ma which as you know is right accross the river. Went to High School at Pentucket , as I am sure everyone did :)

In my view , the Deerfield Fair has the most. Inside the Commerical build and also outside.

If you are looking for Barns , my wife and I have a DIY type from a company in CT called HorseSense Buildings. It is a pipe barn. This company sells you all the pipe with tabs that you need. We use it for our horses , however I am sure you can use for other things as well.

Let me know if you are interest and we can talk off-line about it. We have lots of info and PICS.

Mark

/ New JD subcompact #13  
Mark,

I can see Pentucket High school from my deck (at least in the winter).

Thanks for the offer regarding the barn, but my interest is in a timberframe structure. I'd love to reconstruct an antique NE barn on my property.

Are dogs allowed at the deerfield fair? The Topsfield web site specifically says no pets. I always enjoy having the pooches with me if I'm outdoors.

/ New JD subcompact #14  
I DO THINK KUBOTA DID INVENT A NEW CLASS OF TRACTOR. IF KUBOTA HAD NOT STARTED SELLING SMALL WELL MADE DIESEL TRACTORS IN THE USA MANY YEARS AGO DEERE WOULD NOT HAVE THE NUMBER OR QUALITY OF SMALL TRACTORS IT HAS TODAY. YOU WOULD STILL BE PAYING $10,000.00 FOR AN AIR COOLED, NON 4-WHEEL DRIVE, NON HYDROSTATIC LAWN TRACTOR IF KUBOTA AND OTHER SMALL FOREIGN TRACTOR COMPANIES HAD NOT STARTED SELLING HERE. JOHN DEERE DOES SET THE STANDARD FOR LARGE TRACTORS AND FARM MACHINERY BUT THEY WERE A LITTLE LATE IN THE SUB-COMPACT AND SMALL TRACTOR MARKETS

/ New JD subcompact #15  
There is a term for announcing things before they happen, especially when a date is attached - vaporware. Typically this is applied to software companies who are notorious for announcing new products way before their time.

So, I think that Deere is acting properly by holding back on any announcements. Look at the 4x1x series which came out earlier this year. The word was out on the street, but no real information became available until late 2001/early 2002. It also keeps your competitors on edge to see what your doing (except that they probably know more that we think!!).

Terry

/ New JD subcompact #16  
Re: New JD subcompact *DELETED*

Post deleted by cowboydoc

/ New JD subcompact #17  
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/35-182292-MFGC2300BXkillerside-1024.jpg>Massey GC2300 at Empire Farm Days- 1 month ago...</A>

It's real.../w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ New JD subcompact #18  
<font color=red>The MF Web site has been showing the MF 2300 all summer but when I call the dealer he tells me next month. Well next month has been all summer.

Has anyone seen one of these on a dealers lot??? </font color=red>

Yup! My local dealer has one. Nice looking tractor. I poked, and prodded a bit, but did not run it. Looks to have a real nice fit, and finish. If it works as good as it looks, they got a winner.

/ New JD subcompact #19  
Do not know about pets at deerfield. Their website does not mention anything either. Maybe I'll see you there this year...??

Mark

/ New JD subcompact #20  
John,

That sure is a good looking subcompact.