Heading to the Deere Dealer Friday...

/ Heading to the Deere Dealer Friday... #131  
Congratulations!
You are going to love the 4520. I still smile everytime I run mine. It's not the biggest but it's the nicest tractor I have owned.

I agree that the economy 5e series are a great value but like Martian, I would much rather run the 4520. I wish it would hurry up and dry out so I can cut hay with it!

/ Heading to the Deere Dealer Friday... #132  
Sweet machine! I dig the land plane, I can see a lot of use for me to have one in a couple years... mind me asking a ball park of how much it was?

/ Heading to the Deere Dealer Friday...
Standard duty without rippers is 1700 and change list I believe

I went with the heavy duty version as I wanted the scarifiers - which is literally a grand more. It's built like a tank and nice and heavy. So far I'm impressed with it, though I'm still figuring out how to make it work optimally (it's easy really - make sure it is flat, lower it down, and drive forward... but I'm forever figuring out how I can feather things using the top and tilt. I got very good with my last tractor, hope to with this one as well).

I've been lousy about posting action images or video... still hope to shoot some, especially on a few bigger more interesting projects.

Here are a few of enlarging our "water feature"- drilled well 10 years ago or so 100' deep +, water came up out of the well casing... so we have plenty of overflow for a small pond. We've been talking about making it a big bigger and this seemed like a good opportunity. I was pleased I was able to dig without anything on the 3ph (tires are loaded) - I took it very easy backing out. The lawn took a beating but it'll grow back:)

I have to say it was tough getting out of the cab - much more comfortable in the air conditioning in there than outside today.

Attachments

• IMGP1077.jpg
    IMGP1077.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMGP1078.jpg
    IMGP1078.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMGP1079.jpg
    IMGP1079.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 220
I got the tractor up to it's home in the woods today. A few observations:
-Cruise control is easy to work and is a nice feature
-Air suspension for my use is worth every cent. Mind you I'm comparing it to an old style suspension seat from the 80's (hinge in front, big coil springs in back...).
-After growing up with a gear tractor, owning my own shuttle shift (Yanmar Powershift), and now having eHydro... I'll never go back. The more I use it the more I like it. Completely different operator experience, but for the work i find myself doing so far (a lot of loader work, and some ground engagement work that requires varied speeds so far) it is far superior.
-i really liked my old 3 cyl. Yanmar engine - but I have to say this JD PowerTech is SO smooth. Yes, I know it has an extra cylinder and that helps, but still, at working RPMs it really does just purr.
-Cab is also worth every cent. Perfect working temp this evening, but lots of bugs (front of my vehicle is now brown, and I could hear them smacking against the windshield on the way home. Ah, late spring in the Adirondacks....). It is truly a nice place to be.

A friend my help me put a video together. If we do I'll post it to YouTube and post it here.

So far I don't see the need for the power of a 4720 (I have the 4520), though I can see if you put tracks on one to use a snow groomer (Soucy ST-400 kit) more power could be nice.

/ Heading to the Deere Dealer Friday... #136  
Congrats. Thats sure is a really nice tractor. :licking:

Whatever the opposite of "buyers remorse" is ... I have it! Why on earth didn't I purchase this sooner!! I'm using it up where I need it (vs the quick projects at the house above). MUCH faster and smoother for loader work, ground engaging work seems easier (of course, going from 33 to 60 hp might have something to do with that...), and the comfort is great. I've always enjoyed tractor work, be it in a Farmall Cub, Kubota, Yanmar, or old Ford (ok, so the others I mentioned were 20-50 years old too!), but the ergonomics and cab make this a whole different ballgame. I also do not regret the extra spend on the air suspension seat one bit. I'm not that heavy (170 or so), but given the differing ground I work being able to adjust the suspension is a really nice feature.

The only downside is I do already seem more efficient, even with the old implements, so projects get accomplished quicker. My wife likes this, but on a hot day I'm not so sure! (the tractor has air conditioning, as does my vehicle, but that's it).