Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #91  
I wouldn'g hold your breath just yet on that option. For now just the "plus" tranny on the M's that give you pst high - low. New trannies coming to six series though.

Oh man.... We were cleaning the horse corral yesterday and I mentioned that Deere might be coming out with a 2-pedal setup in the 5000 sized tractor - and I kid you not - she said if they did that I could sell the 5075M and get a new one!!! YESSS.

She likes using the 110 with eHydro. Hates the clutch and reverser and the 2-shifting levers (range and main tranny). She gets flustered in close quarters and freaks out that she'll drive thru the side of the barn, etc.

That causes me some level of concern.... So, she never drives it - at all.

She'd get comfortable with a 100hp 5000 tractor, though. Warm, dry cab with radio and iPod, Blu-ray for her phone. (Probably have to disable the Blu-ray... she'd be pulled off to the side of the field - talking - and not getting anything done.)

Maybe next year's model or 2015. I'm patient...

AKfish

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #92  
She'd get comfortable with a 100hp 5000 tractor, though. Warm, dry cab with radio and iPod, Blu-ray for her phone. (Probably have to disable the Blu-ray... she'd be pulled off to the side of the field - talking - and not getting anything done.)

AKfish

Blu-Ray?
you mean bluetooth right?
you do know she can get a ticket for driving while watching a video so her stopping is a good thing! :D

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #93  
1080p all the way, right? :D

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #94  
Blu-Ray?
you mean bluetooth right?
you do know she can get a ticket for driving while watching a video so her stopping is a good thing! :D

Yep... Everything's Blu or twitted or Faceplant... Ya know? I just like the smell of fresh mowed hay - the digital world is just Ok - over there someplace... ;)

AKfish

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?
Guys,

It seems JD is having a big event down in Orlando, FL for its dealers. JD is unveiling some new commercial ZTRs and they are also showing off the new 2000 series. The new 2000 series sound like they are just the same models with new numbering. In addition, rumor has it that JD could be increasing any CUT over 25 HP by 15% due to all the new Tier IV emission standards. That means a “retail” price of $50k for a 4520 cab today would cost $57.5k by 2014. Furthermore, JD was putting out a questionnaire to the dealers asking their thoughts about introducing a gas model engine in all the CUTs to curb the costs of new 15% increase. If that is done, JD feel they might be able to offer a 4520 cab model for $3k to $4k less than the current cost of a 4520 cab diesel. That might be a good option for the individuals who really do not use there CUTs that heavily. I hear if you raise the gas engine HP by 4 to 6 more HP, the tractor would almost be as powerful as the diesel, but still will not have the same low-end torque. I am just wondering how fuel efficiency those gas engines would be, especially brush hogging, doing heavy loader work or any kind of ground engagement work. It seems that there might be some interest stuff coming in the future...

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #96  
Things just keep going up in price. I just bought a Kubota SVL75 CTL. One of the reasons it is a tier 3 emissions. The new stuff has really added cost and complexity.

D.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #97  
You get thirty percent more work out of a gallon of diesel then from a gallon of gas. If the government forces a switch from diesel to gas for the sake of pollution the National fuel bill will go up that thirty percent or perhaps twenty percent overall as gas still rules on cars at highway speeds. I don't think we can afford that and the trucking and Ag industries will make that clear to Congress.

/ Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment?
Heard more information today about the new 2013 X700 series. Supposedly there is a law put in place by the US Government stating that a tractor's weight must not exceed 1345 pounds (610kg) for it not to have a ROPS. This means the JD engineers had to redesign the X700's frame to make it lighter, and replace nuts and bolts with welds in order to meet the 2014 weight requirement. That said, the X749 will no longer be offered because JD could not make that tractor light enough. In addition, due to the weight of the 7-iron deck, this mower will no longer be offered and the only option will be the new high capacity 9 gauge (yellow) mowing deck. Also, there will no longer be a loader option due to the new frame on the 2013 X700 select series tractors. The rest of changes for the 2013 models are to the the hood, decals, seat (softer material only), dash and placement of some of the controls; most of these changes are minor from what I heard.

Last edited:
   / Any new JD Rumors or Info on New Equipment? #99  
Welcome to the nanny state.....