Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's?

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's?
Didn't mean to start a fight...sheesh....

I know that Yanmar tractors have been around for a while, I remember seeing them years ago....so I'll rephrase,

Up until recently we didn't have any Yanmar dealers in our area, now we have a couple. Previous to this the only Yanmar CUTs that I had seen for a number of years were the Cub Cadets, John Deeres, etc.

As far as the John Deere CUTs, I was referencing the 2XXX series, like the 2520, etc., basically the 24 to 30 hp models.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #12  
Good response Bleed Green. I would also add that the componenets that are contracted out are done so by the oem's standards that they have set up for that specific component not who can build the cheapest.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #13  
Someone posted where different models were made and by whom once and I wish I had saved it, it was pretty interesting to know that different colors wer essentially the same tractor such as when Shibaru made tractors for Case and New Holland, I think LS is now making them for both brands.

I don't know why people get so excited over all of this, I find it interesting.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #14  
Good response Bleed Green. I would also add that the componenets that are contracted out are done so by the oem's standards that they have set up for that specific component not who can build the cheapest.

Price is a standard that the vendor's have to meet. And it is the cheapest that can meet the oem standard. Not just tractors, but a lot of "manufacturing" in the US today is assembly of imported sub assemblies. The last worker laid off will be the guy who sticks the "made in USA" decal on whatever is "manufactured" in that facility. Assembly is less capital intensive, and labor intensive

A good example is Deere closing it's Canadian plant that made loaders. It moved production to Mexico. Canada got too expensive relative to Mexico.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #15  
Someone posted where different models were made and by whom once and I wish I had saved it, it was pretty interesting to know that different colors wer essentially the same tractor such as when Shibaru made tractors for Case and New Holland, I think LS is now making them for both brands.

I don't know why people get so excited over all of this, I find it interesting.

I agree!!

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #16  
A good example is Deere closing it's Canadian plant that made loaders. It moved production to Mexico. Canada got too expensive relative to Mexico.
The Welland plant was also fairly old and was not going to be able to meet the upcoming environmental standards set forth by Canada - IIRC. Interesting tidbit, the original Gator UV's were built at the Welland plant as well!

Not saying that was the only reason but it certainly factored in.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #17  
Other than the 2x20 Series, please tell me which JD CUTs / SubCUTs are built by someone else and "painted/badged" John Deere.

We have a Deere 3005 in the family that is completely Yanmar built -- says so right on the tag next to the serial #.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #20  
We have a Deere 3005 in the family that is completely Yanmar built -- says so right on the tag next to the serial #.

But they have also discontinued the 3005 . . . so I don't think that one counts anymore.