Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's?

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #31  
First of all, there are 2012-model 3005 tractors for sale at my local Deere dealer. We're still in the 2012 model year. I don't know how you want to define it, but I am thinking that if I can buy a new 2012-model Yanmar built Deere in the year 2012, then I feel pretty comfortable saying that in Yanmar makes the current model 3005. Feel free to come back and argue the minutiae on January 1 2013, or when Deere rolls out the official 2013 lineup minus a 3005.

Second, this is a dumb point to argue, as we consider that Yanmar-built 3005 to be a fine tractor, and I have no problem with it being built by Yanmar. In fact, it's done a heck of a lot better in the quality/reliability department than my neighbor's "non-Yanmar" 1026R, which has turned out to be a real hassle for him. The 3005 has a much beefier construction than many other Deeres due to it's legacy design.

I am not sure, but I seem to be detecting some attitude in the thread here that being Yanmar-built is a bad thing or something to look down on, and not as good as a "real" Deere. As if people need to defend against it or explain it away with weak excuses. That is a pointless and limiting attitude to have. There's no reason a Yanmar-built Deere couldn't be as good, or better than, a US-built Deere. My neighbor's experience with the 1026R is a perfect example.

Nope, no attitude. I just don't like people that comment on opinion, not fact. The answer to the original question is JD builds all of their CUTs except for the 2x20's and the no longer produced 3005, 4005, should I go on? I don't know why but it seems like every Deere thread turns bad :confused3:

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #32  
Because everyone thinks they're an expert.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #33  
My bad entirely - as we have not sold a 790/3005 or 990/4005 in some time I did not include them in my "Deere CUTs made entirely by Yanmar". They are still in production and are completely manufactured by Yanmar.

Another poster mentioned a relative having a 1026R with a Yanmar engine - the rest of the tractor is Deere, including the transmission which is a solely JD design and manufacture, as is the 3E Series.

Sorry Martian I screwed this one by inattention...

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #34  
Nope, no attitude. I just don't like people that comment on opinion, not fact. The answer to the original question is JD builds all of their CUTs except for the 2x20's and the no longer produced 3005, 4005, should I go on? I don't know why but it seems like every Deere thread turns bad :confused3:

BleedGreen has clarified his earlier statement to note that he forgot the 3005/4005 models are still made by Yanmar. But I don't see why you would only listen to him in the first place. This is a forum after all -- the whole idea is shared experience/expertise.

I said my Deere dealer has 2012 model-year 3005s on sale. That is fact, not opinion -- I saw it with my own two eyes earlier in the week.

If you want to assume everyone else is wrong or lying, then it's your burden to bear, and I think you need to step up and do better background research. It's your own fault for the thread turning bad.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #35  
My bad entirely - as we have not sold a 790/3005 or 990/4005 in some time I did not include them in my "Deere CUTs made entirely by Yanmar". They are still in production and are completely manufactured by Yanmar.

Another poster mentioned a relative having a 1026R with a Yanmar engine - the rest of the tractor is Deere, including the transmission which is a solely JD design and manufacture, as is the 3E Series.

Sorry Martian I screwed this one by inattention...

Thanks for clarification, I thought I heard the x005's were in their last year of production? Oh well, looks like there's 2 models out of the dozens that Deere has that are 100% made by someone else.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #36  
It's more like oh well to this thread too.

/ Who is buiilding John Deere CUT's? #37  
A look at the LS forum to date when compared to all the other branded forums looks pretty impressive for the LS line of owners who have reported few if any problems with their machine that were not operator error issues.

I am sure that has nothing to do with the volume of ls tractors vs other branded tractors. Could it be that fewer tractors sold just might mean fewer op's having the opportuinity to post thier experiences?