Pricing Thoughts on 2520

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #21  
Sounds like a real good buy to me.
Good luck with your purchase.

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520
Thanks for the advice everyone!

I was thinking about this tractor earlier today, and I was wondering if there was any news on it. I really like that idea of arranging it with JD before hand and then making the final transfers while you're there. Other than a good ebay rating you don't know much about this guy, and when things seem too good to be true...

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

I'm actually going to pick it up on Saturday. We have things worked out where I will bring two checks. One made out to the seller and one to JD to cover the payoff. I'm pretty stoked and can't wait to get my new tractor! :)

Of course, I will have to post pictures once I get her home. The bad thing is, it's a 12 hour drive (round trip), so I won't be home in time to use it much Saturday night. Guess we'll go to early church on Sunday so I have more time to "work" the new tractor! :)

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #23  
Congrats....

Looking forward to seeing those pictures! :thumbsup:

Well, it looks like there won't be any pics. The seller emailed me to let me know he has decided to keep his tractor. After selling some stocks to round up the $$, borrowing a trailer, and the excitement of getting a new (to me) tractor, the deal appears to be off. Time to resume the search...

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #25  
fordmantpw I feel your pain. My deal was a 7 hour round trip for a JD 2305 with a loader, mower, and backhoe. The seller accepted my offer that I pay off the remaining loan balance. Everything checked out fine with JD financial, until my local credit union suddenly got wet feet and would not finance the loan because it was across state lines. They said they were worried about title. Still doesn't make sense almost 2 years later.
Fortunately for me a few months later JD started an offer to discount the 2520 by $2,500. I jumped on that offer, and before the tractor even arrived I bought a used #46 backhoe. :)

Hope your next opportunity turns out better!

Thanks for the words of wisdom. There really are no titles with tractors, so that does add a bit of concern.

I'm currently considering a possible trade for a new 2520, equipped nearly identical to the used one I had almost bought. I'm getting a great trade-in for my Kubota. The used tractor was $12,500 outright, with 47 hours on the clock and turf tires, and comes with mulching kit, bagger, sprayer, and fertilizer spread (pull-type). The new one is $10,900 difference with 0 hours and R4 industrial tires. Other than that, the two tractors are essentially the same.

I think the the deal on the new tractor is actually a really good deal (was quoted $14,100 at a different dealer). But, I just keep comparing the new one to the used one I almost had, and just have a hard time spending the difference. With the used one, I could have had both tractors for the same amount of money as having one new tractor.

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #27  
No words of wisdom here (can't believe I am typing :ashamed:that) just my personal experience. Yes no title with these tractors so I told them, but they held the purse strings.
I like my 2520 very much. Only minor problem was the hood hitting the fuel cap on closing. You would think that there are not to many 2520 units left on dealer lots.

Nope, not too many left. One dealer (the higher priced one that is 10 miles from me) has one on one of their other lots. The other dealer (with the better price and is 60 miles away) has a 2520 and a 2720. Going new, I'm thinking of splurging the extra $1500 for the 2720 to get 5 more HP, but not sure I really need it.

Glad to hear you like yours. I haven't found anyone that doesn't like their 2520.

/ Pricing Thoughts on 2520 #29  
I'm saddened to hear that the deal fell through with that tractor, but it might be a blessing in disguise. You don't have to deal with the hassle, the long drive, and you get a brand new machine. When I was shopping for a small tractor, I could not see any real benefit to the 2720 over the 2520. In fact there was something, although I cannot remember what, that really made me think the 2520 was a better deal. That being said, I do not think anyone has ever really complained about having more horsepower.

Get the bigger tractor and enjoy it!

I'm saddened to hear that the deal fell through with that tractor, but it might be a blessing in disguise. You don't have to deal with the hassle, the long drive, and you get a brand new machine.

You know, though I'm disappointed that the deal fell through, there is a part of me that is relieved, for the reasons you mentioned. I'm a believer in the philosophy that everything happens for a reason. What that reason is, I don't know, but there is some reason the deal fell through, and I'm OK with that.

When I was shopping for a small tractor, I could not see any real benefit to the 2720 over the 2520. In fact there was something, although I cannot remember what, that really made me think the 2520 was a better deal. That being said, I do not think anyone has ever really complained about having more horsepower.

Get the bigger tractor and enjoy it!

I'm still not sure the extra 5HP is worth $1500, but I don't want to regret the decision not to get it. I keep my stuff a long time (had my 'Bota for 10 years), so I usually get what I want. My wife says to get the bigger tractor, so that hurdle has already been crossed! :)