Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ?

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #1  

Dave___in___CT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130, LA723 Loader, BH90 Backhoe, Curtis Cab, || '82 Gravely 8199KT garden tractor
Hi folks...

Will you help me decide between these 2 tractors... ? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There's gotta be more than I read about in the literature... or the limited test drives I did...

Pro's... con's... +++'s... ---'s... experiences... opinions...
Like... performance... quality... ergonomics... quirks... problems...

Deere 4310:
4WD
12x12 ePowerReverser transmission
430 loader (heavier duty) with 73" HD bucket & replaceable cutting edge
48 8 1/2' backhoe with 18" bucket
Curtis Cab with heater & 4 lights

Kubota L3130
4WD
8-speed full-sync transmission with shuttle shift
LA723 loader (heavier duty) with 72" L2440 HD bucket with skid-steer compatible quick-detach & replaceable cutting edge
BH90 9' backhoe with 18" bucket
Curtis Cab with heater & 4 lights

Thanks...

Dave...

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #2  
Didn't I already post to this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You sure don't want ANOTHER reply from ME...

OK, the Green is MUCH better looking, and it keeps RaTs away! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I really think the backhoe CAN be an issue, but ground clearance may not matter. OF course a biggie is the RIGHT DEALER!!!!!

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #3  
What, what, the JD Green with the pretty yellow seat keeps RaT's away? Hey, I invented that yellow seat, in fact, I started John Deere, to tell you the truth, I invented the tractor too! Al RaT... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. Dave did you compare the loaders, hmmmmm? I got to look at each other side by side at my JD/Kubota dealer. It was fun!

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #4  
Dave, who are you planning on using as the JD dealer? I live in North-western CT and I just bought a 4310 from Farmington Valley Power Equip. I got quotes from Stanton Equip. in Cannan, Lomac in Windsor, and Pittsfield Tractor in Pitssfield Mass. Farmington Valley was by far the least by $2000 and they were very helpful. If you haven't tried them yet it would be worth your time. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

John

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ?
RaT...

I do notice the Deere 430 loader's lift capacity is like 1261 lbs... the Kubota LA723 is 1870 lbs... about 50% more...

What else do yuou mean ?

Thanks...

Dave...

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #6  
Have a 4300 with the sync reverser and love it. I have not yet been converted to HST. The sync-reverser is so easy to use and still allows you to set your gear and throttle up for steady pulling like an older tractor for field work. I have done a LOT of loader work and the sync-R is great. Sorry I have never used a Kubota machine--hear they're nice but JD have the great resell here...and I just like that green!

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #7  
These two tractors are really neck-and-neck when it comes to features for the same cost range. Salespeople will point out competitive differences like one foot pedal is easier to use than another, so you know that if that's the competitive edge, the features that really count (like HP, lifting capacity, etc.) are almost identical.

In the end it will come down to personal taste, price, and the service the dealer will provide.

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ?
Thanks for your input !

Dave...

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #9  
I like the ergonomics on my 4310. The joystick seems to be positioned just right. foot pedals allow the use of breaking one wheel or the other to help turn tighter...Kyle
PS I almost bought Kubota, tough decision. My J.D. cost less than 3430 Kubota which is what I compared to due similar engine displacement/HP.

/ Deere 4310 or Kubota L3130 ? #10  
Green keeps RaTs away ??? Maybe. But my new Kubota is BRIGHT orange. Clearly, it attracts RaTs. However, it will repel most other undesireables.

You ever notice how many old JD's you see in the fields?
They got lost. They blended in with the enviroment. No chance of that with a Kubota. You'll never hear a farmer say "Dang, where'd I leave that Kubota"

Attachments

• 338012-100_0920 resize.jpg
    338012-100_0920 resize.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 145