Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #11  
Sounds like an awfully high price for something that's been neglected for two years. If I was selling something like that, I'd sure take care of the easy fixes and get it operating smoothly before trying to sell. Personally, I'd offer about $24,000 as is, or 25,000 with all of the issues fixed. You might have to come up a little, but the guy is gonna have a hard time selling it with warning lights on without coming down a little.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #12  
The guy up the roar just got a used one (not sure of the year it seems he said 08 or 09) he only paid $18,000.00. It's open station,one set of remotes,R4 tires, loader, and loaded rears. Real nice tractor, the only thing that is bad deal is the rears are not adjustable and it needs spacer now. Our land around in not flat by a long shot, when I 1st got my place I had to dive 1/8 mile just to check my truck engine oil and now one leg is shorter then the other. The tractor only had around 300 hrs on it.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #13  
The guy up the roar just got a used one (not sure of the year it seems he said 08 or 09) he only paid $18,000.00. It's open station,one set of remotes,R4 tires, loader, and loaded rears. Real nice tractor, the only thing that is bad deal is the rears are not adjustable and it needs spacer now. Our land around in not flat by a long shot, when I 1st got my place I had to dive 1/8 mile just to check my truck engine oil and now one leg is shorter then the other. The tractor only had around 300 hrs on it.
The older 4X20 CUTS had adjustable rear wheel width. My 2008 4320 was adjustable. My 2010 4320 does not have adjustable rear wheel width. I wound up purchasing skid steer wheel spacers to dampen the pucker factor on steep side hills. Got the spacers on ebay for around $300. Made a huge difference.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #14  
I just bought a 2013 4320 ehydro with a cab, 180 loader, 485 backhoe, with 192 hours on it for $38,000

I have noticed the dimples on hoods of my last two deere tractors that owned.

My 4320 has the adjustable rims. Just got them filled with rim gaurd, made a hugh difference.
My gear shifter is a little stiff, the three point lever is very stiff. I don't think the backhoe was ever off on my mine so it was never used.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning.
I will be viewing the 4320 again this Sunday. Evidently the error code 4 that was on before went off and we think it was due to the cold weather. I would like to drive it with no error codes and make a decision from there.

The one thing I am struggling with is the price you pay have to get a JD. I am going to the LS dealer in the morning to look at an ls model. For the price of this 7 year old JD, I can get a new LS xr4140, and it would have a five year warranty. The JD would not have a warranty, as it is from a private seller. AM I crazy for considering an LS? The JD dealer is 20 minutes away and the LS dealer is one hour twenty minutes away.

Last edited:
   / Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #16  
I can't vouch for LS personally but I can assure you that you aren't crazy for considering them. There's lots and lots of very happy LS owners here on TBN.

If my word isn't good enough, think about it this way: they've got to be a pretty decent machine for New Holland to paint them a different shade of blue, put a different loader and stickers on them and charge almost what John Deere charges for new machines.

I see that they have built a lot of tractors for others. my biggest concern is resale and ergonomics of the interior. The latter I will find out tomorrow, but the resale concerns me.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #18  
The resale will be lower going with another "off" brand tractor. I'd suggest looking at New Holland if the LS is appealing to you. LS is the manufacture of the NH Cut offerings and resale will likely be better with the NH. It seems like Deere,Kubota,NH, MF are the it brands at least in my area. I can't deny the appeal of Kioti and Mahindra as they offer a lot of bang for the buck without a doubt.

Matt

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #19  
the used deere will have the best resale . its already taken a big hit . I bought a ls cab tractor that needed a clutch it took 6 weeks to get all the parts. just fyi if you looking for lowest entry cost go to cabellas I hear they are dumping those and they are warrantied by tym from what I have read just my opinion I would buy the deere take it home wash it and put a good coat of wax on it and enjoy.that 4320 is a great size tractor

Thanks for the input guys.

I visited the LS dealer this morning and I can say the LS is definitely out. I looked at a 4140 hydro with cab. A few things I didn't like were:
1. The floor had a hump that was about 2.5 tall and made it awkward to get in and out of. ( I have a bad back, which made it even harder) It also made it difficult to turn and see things behind the tractor.
2. The engine had a noticeable vibration at 2000 rpm that shook the whole cab
3. the loader control lever is position too far to the right for my liking
4. The interior plastic seems a bit cheap.

I also stopped at Cabelas near by and sat in a lm50. Overall the interior was nice and I liked the flat floor. However, I think it is too tall to fit in the 8ft opening of my shed. I will be looking at specs. to verify.