Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning.
I think The JD 4320 will be the way to go, but I am very particular about the condition. The 4320 is a seven year old tractor, so its in used condition. It has crack in the roof, the headliner needs replacement and the rims are starting to show rust, etc.. I may have to wait and find one a little nicer, but pay a little more. It's just disappointing that they are already so expensive.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #22  
Here is a couple with a cab.

Used Compact Utility Tractors - John Deere MachineFinder

The problem is always finding one close to you. I have drove quite far for the last two I bought. Sometimes it is worth the drive when you do find one. Lots of phone calls and pictures to make sure it is the right one.

Here is a beauty, but it is a 2008 and his bottom dollar is $32,000
2008 4320
deluxe cab
318 hours
iMatch
2 scv's

It seems a bit high, but its hard to find them under $30,000 in good condition.

00F0F_klwDlu2SejO_600x450.jpg00L0L_1JHAAZjomWx_600x450 (1).jpg00W0W_4CY8OIzClS3_600x450.jpg00B0B_fJVBrJ7nkZ1_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• 00000_dzF0uI7SxDL_50x50c.jpg
    00000_dzF0uI7SxDL_50x50c.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 288
   / Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #24  
Hard to tell what loader model it has on it, but does have the air ride seat

Also from what i understand some of the older 4320 have problems with coolant leaks and can be a pain to fix. I think 2010 and older but I may be wrong. Just something to think about. It does look like a nice machine.

Last edited:
I had the local dealer lookup the service history on the 2009 and here is what was all done under warranty on it.
120 hrs. Hydro leak -They split the tractor to fix.
300 hrs - front axle seal leak
700 hrs. - Coolant leak-replaced water pump- The dealer stated that they had to remove the front axle to replace the water pump.
700 hrs.-front axle seal leaking again.

I am struggling with how much I could have in the 2009. I think I can get it for $27000, but I would have to add air ride($700), new headliner($300), and roof panel( ($500 to 1000) which would add $1500-2000.

Last edited:
   / Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #26  
That 2008 appears to be very well cared for, looks to have TnT and a 400x loader. I'd bet that machine was kept indoors and seems like a fair price for the condition. The 09 to me sounds like a potential headache. Best to spend a little more and buy something in better shape.

Matt

Thank you for the input guys.

The 2008 has been well-maintained, always stored inside, with only light use on a hobby farm. I am going to contact him this morning to see if he can do better in terms of price.

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #28  
Not sure of your exact location but is there a Branson dealer close by? I looked at a lot of tractors and Branson was the best option for me. Resale was not in my future so that took a lot of the punch out of depreciation for me. Sounds to me there are a lot of issues with this JD tractor for being as old as it is. Green Paint is expensive.

I'm in SW Wis. There is no Branson dealer close by. The closest would be JD NH, and Case IH. There is a Cabelas, Mahindra dealer not too far from me though

/ Going to lookat and possibly buy a 4320 this morning. #30  
I'm in SW Wis. There is no Branson dealer close by. The closest would be JD NH, and Case IH. There is a Cabelas, Mahindra dealer not too far from me though

I'd stick with that 2008 Deere if I were in your shoes. The 4x20 series are really solid machines and the Powertech (Deere) engine has an 8000 MTBF rating...that's Mean Time Before Failure.
I have a 4520 (2005 model) that cost me $25K including a 400x loader and a 448 BH. It wasn't a jewel when I bought it, but it is a solid piece of equipment.

My only gripe about the Powertech engine (mine, at least) is it's pretty cold natured and it really needs to be plugged in for an hour or so before trying to start it when the temperature gets below 32 degrees.