Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #11  
Congratulations.

Your going to like it, I'm on my second John Deere and they are great tractors IMHO.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow.
That's great, have fun with it! A 60" tiller would be what I would buy, it will have enough power to pull it through the tuff spots. For the forks, I have a set from Artillian and like them a lot. Here is a link.

Artillian 2300 Lb John Deere QA Pallet Fork Sets

The forks are a few hundred dollars more than ETA, but they look like they are quality and I'm really digging the front backhoe bucket, can't afford a $7,000 backhoe but I bet that front backhoe bucket will come in handy in certain circumstances.

There are two 60" tillers I'm looking at, one is 441Lb. And the other is 690 Lb. is the extra weight an advantage or disadvantage for this size tractor.

Thanks for chiming in :)

Last edited:
Congratulations.

Your going to like it, I'm on my second John Deere and they are great tractors IMHO.

I hope it's going to be a good tractor, it only has 34 hours on it so I'm hoping the previous owner did not abuse it. I have a LA135 ridding mower and I was not to impressed with the quality or how often I'm replacing worn out parts, like putting bushing in the front wheels instead of bearings, like come on how expensive is a bearing. so I'm hoping there tractors are built better.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #14  
Well, I'm going to pull the trigger on a 2016 2032R with 34 hours, anything I should be cautious of, any horror stories on this model, any last minute advice before my $20,000 goes bye bye.

I've thought long and hard about your question. My advice is find a good Plastic Surgeon. He'll be handy in removing the permanent smile off your face. :laughing:
Have fun and enjoy your tractor.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #15  
The forks are a few hundred dollars more than ETA, but they look like they are quality and I'm really digging the front backhoe bucket, can't afford a $7,000 backhoe but I bet that front backhoe bucket will come in handy in certain circumstances.

There are two 60" tillers I'm looking at, one is 441Lb. And the other is 690 Lb. is the extra weight an advantage or disadvantage for this size tractor.

Thanks for chiming in :)

The heaver the tiller, the happier you will be. Especially in hard ground or sod.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #16  
The only words of advice/caution I have are what I'd say to anyone getting a new(ish) rig... Read the owners manual, front to back, twice. Check all of the fluid levels and torque all of the wheel lug-nuts.

Trust but verify. :)

Thanks everyone for your advise, I will read the manual, tighten all the Lug nuts, find a plastic surgeon, and buy a heavy tiller.:D
Choosing the right brand of implements isn't easy, the reviews are all over the place. One guy says it's great and the next guy says the same model is a piece of junk. I contacted Artillian for the forks, back stop, and the front hoe bucket and the shipping was $277, shipping this heavy stuff is not cheap. Yikes, but I'm going to order them, I am going to get so much use out of those forks it will be worth it.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #18  
Thanks everyone for your advise, I will read the manual, tighten all the Lug nuts, find a plastic surgeon, and buy a heavy tiller.:D
Choosing the right brand of implements isn't easy, the reviews are all over the place. One guy says it's great and the next guy says the same model is a piece of junk. I contacted Artillian for the forks, back stop, and the front hoe bucket and the shipping was $277, shipping this heavy stuff is not cheap. Yikes, but I'm going to order them, I am going to get so much use out of those forks it will be worth it.

I use my pallet forks just as much as the bucket. Plus if needed they make a good work platform.
DSCN2275.JPG

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #19  
:shocked: As a duly appointed Constable of Safety (I'm retired Navy... it's ingrained in my psyche) I'll just pretend that I didn't see that picture.

(Soooo many things wrong, and not just with the FEL platform)

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #20  
:shocked: As a duly appointed Constable of Safety (I'm retired Navy... it's ingrained in my psyche) I'll just pretend that I didn't see that picture.

(Soooo many things wrong, and not just with the FEL platform)

O trust me, my regional VP of operations were I work seen this picture and about had a heart attack. If I had followed every industrial safety type regulation I'd still be building the barn. No one got hurt and I'm enjoying it now.:)